CHAPTER 21-A new beginning

Amelia POV

"Are you sure about this Amelia? You could stay for as long as you want"Sophia said to me as I dragged my luggage down the stairs of her home. I had gotten an apartment for my mother and myself a few weeks after Lucas was born. We couldn't stay with the Banks forever. They needed their privacy and I was ready to give them that.

"No Sophia, I want you both to have your privacy, "I told her.

"We ain't complaining though," Larry added and rolled his eyes.

"Thank you both for everything but this is what we want," my mother added.

"Okay if that's what you want, do visit cause I'm gonna miss you, babe," Sophia hugged me tightly and I wiped the tears off her face.

"In case you need anything let me know Amy. I gat your back," Larry hugged me and patted my head.

"Thank you guys and please greet baby Lucas for me, "Sophia and Larry walked my mother and me out. 

I placed our luggage into the Van that was taking us to our new apartment and turned to face my friends."So guys goodbye and thank you for everything," I appreciated them again. They've done enough for us and I owed them. "Bye!! "I waved to them and entered the van.

***
"Wow this place is amazing" my mother commented as we entered the apartment.

"Yeah mum, I saw it online. The owners wanted to sell it cause they were leaving the country so I took my chance and it all furnished." I explained to her.

she gave me a thumb up and pulled me into her embrace. "Thank you baby for everything, I love you, my child."

I hugged her back and smiled at our bonding. "If you don't love me who will mum? "I said sarcastically. "Let's unpack now, "I told her.

The apartment was a  small one but good enough for two people. it has two rooms with bathrooms, a living room, mini dining, and a kitchen.

"This place is amazing, it has a backyard garden too," my mother stared in awe. one of the reasons I bought the house was because of the backyard garden.

"You can plant your flowers and anything you want here," I told my mother. she smiled and hugged me again.

"how many hugs in a day?" I asked and we both laughed.
                            ***
We finished unpacking and after a few hours, the house was beautifully arranged. My mother and I spent hours painting the house in brown color. The living had two black leather couches and a glass center table. A flat TV was placed on the wall. It was one of the souvenirs left by the previous owners.

"Wow looks homey enough," I commented. "Mum, what is missing? "

"It's perfect baby," my mother ruffled my hair. " it looks nice at least we now have a roof over our head," she smiled at me. 

"Okay so, "I couldn't complete my sentence as I felt the urge to throw up. I've been feeling nauseous lately and I had no idea of what was happening to me. I held my chest and ran to the bathroom and threw up.

I could hear my mother's voice in the living room. She sounded worried. "Baby are you alright? "she asked from the living room.

"I'm okay, mum," I replied while still inside the bathroom.  I stared at myself in the mirror in the bathroom and my eyes went over to my breast. They were bigger and my face turned pale and I looked unwell like I'd lost some blood. "What is going on with me? " I asked myself.

"Amelia darling are you sure you are fine? "My mother asked again

I walked into the living room with a smile on my face. "I'm okay mum, just some flu," I answered.