Twenty-Five

"You're in a hospital, " He said. And there was a rich-in-calorie food supply, just like I thought there would be. And my wrists were the most brittle part of my body, along with my spirit.

Foster showed up. Lilian wasn't here, or Noel, or Clint. And I wondered where they were, and I would ask, but I was too tired to speak. I knew I would end up here, and that made everything less sad in a way. My secret was out, and I was out of excuses.

"They're going to get you therapy, Darla, and everything's going to be alright, " And he assured me that it would be. Foster hasn't exactly been one for telling the truth, but I believed him.

He touched my hand, and drew simple circles on my distressed skin. I shut my eyes. Foster was here. I had him here with me, he was holding my hand, and I was going to get better and everything was going to be okay. I was going to believe that as firmly as I had believed my anorexia. I was going to work for progress in my mind, as hard as I had worked for progress on my body. Foster didn't care if I was skinny, he didn't care if I was dying, he cared about the way I closed my eyes and the way we kissed. I fell asleep thinking about our kiss. And Lilian can strangle me if she wants, but I'm in love with Foster. And he's in love with me.