Chapter Three

xX0Xx

When they got to the precinct, Y/n went straight into filing a report about the incident while Lieutenant Anderson made his own report to help add a few more details here and there.

Connor, who had already finished making his report on the way, now made his way to Captain Fowler's office to report on Y/n's progress.

He knocked on the door and waited for the Captain's signal for him to come in. Once entered, Connor stood in front of the Captain and started with how Y/n had been the first one to spot the deviant, to successfully chasing after it but unable to catch it since it had crossed through a highway.

"Overall, Detective Anderson's actions during the short time she was faced with a deviant had been more than efficient and carefully handled. Had there been no obstructions, there is a high probability that she would have caught the deviant without needing force."

Conner looked at Captain Fowler who was leaning forward and seemed to be contemplating on something. He waited until the Captain spoke again and after some time he saw the Captain nod his head and looked at him.

"Take her to the next case you get, this time leave Hank out of it... In fact, call him in."

Connor walked out of the office and over to Lieutenant Anderson's desk, he saw that the Lieutenant had been finishing up his report but chose to inform him that the Captain was looking for him now rather than wait for him to complete his work.

"Lieutenant Anderson, the Captain is calling for you in his office."

"Jesus Christ, what now?.."

The two of them entered the office and when Connor closed the door, Lieutenant Anderson took the seat in front of Captain Fowler while he stood behind.

"So, what's this about now?"

"You're off the case. I'm transferring it to another person so you're back on homicide," Captain Fowler simply stated and the Lieutenant let out a laugh.

"Ha! F**king finally! Whose the poor soul now?" he stood up in joy but the Captain's face was blank.

"That would be your daughter, Hank."

Lieutenant Anderson's smile fell and he sat back down. "What did you say?.."

"I said Y/n's taking the assignment, all android related cases are going to be handled by her."

Lieutenant Anderson fell silent and Connor could see the conflict in the Lieutenant's face, he looked like he was thinking things over while both he and the Captain waited for him to speak up.

"What made you change your mind?" the Lieutenant asked and Captain Fowler's eyes traveled to Y/n who was working hard on her report.

"She did. Look, Hank, I'm going to be straight with you. Y/n asked me to take you off the case and give it to her because she knows just how much you hate androids. She personally asked for this reassignment and after what happened a while ago I have no reason not to do it."

Connor saw the Lieutenant look over to Y/n and he also looked her way, he saw her laughing with some of the other police officers while finishing her report and the smile on her face was very inviting. He figured she was well-liked among the people in the station and seeing her interact with the others proved that even more.

"Your kid asked you to be taken off because she cares about you, she was worried about you so she took the job herself. I don't want to push myself into your personal life but don't you think it's high time for you to start showing her that you care?"