Chapter Ten

xX0Xx

NOV, 9TH 2038
PM 02:47:39

After a quick lunch at Chicken Feed, they got to the station and everything was in chaos. Only then, did Y/n fully realize that the situation had gotten worse after seeing the countless reports of the deviants simultaneous attack on CyberLife stores and tagging just about everything in the area.

She looked at the various reports and she could feel anxiety crawl up to her. In her years of working, she hadn't dealt with something as big as this and this was definitely an android revolution. She tried to wrack her brain for solutions on how to solve it but she knew that for them to achieve victory would mean androids had to be brought down.

That raised a major conflict in her.

Having spent the few days around deviants, she saw how they showed human emotions and all of them had the same desire, to be free.

She sighs and leans on her chair, she closes her eyes and tries to calm herself down.

Connor had been observing Y/n from Hank's desk and he saw that Hank was also looking at his daughter.

"This thing is getting to her... I mean, it would anyone. This just keeps getting bigger and bigger... We have to find a solution before all hell breaks loose."

"I'll try to review all the cases and see if I can find a link."

Connor closed his eyes as he sat still and tried to meticulously search all the files he had for a clue or a lead that could help them, an hour or so passed and he couldn't find anything. He opened his eyes and saw Y/n scanning files and drinking an energy drink.

He could see her eyebrows knot in frustration and he wanted to ease her of her troubles but, as much as he tried, he couldn't find anything in the files he has. He thought back to the evidence they had collected and knew that if he could examine them again he can definitely find something.

Just as he was about to suggest going down to the evidence locker with Y/n, the Captain had called her.

"Y/n! My office!"

Y/n looked at Connor and he saw her look at Hank as well, she gave the both of them a nod and the three of them walked in. The Captain was sitting on his desk as the three of them walked in and offered the Andersons a seat, Y/n sat down but Hank chose to stand with Connor.

"Hank, didn't know you'd be joining us."

"Let him stay, Captain. Dad's been helping a lot recently."

"I heard... Didn't you want off of this case?"

"Yeah... Well, deviants turn out to be more dangerous than I thought... Figured it'll be safer if I came."

Hank shrugged nonchalantly but Y/n knew he was just trying to act tough, she gave her father a smile which caused the Captain to raise his eyebrow at the both of them.

"Glad to see that you two are getting along... Never thought I'd see that again."

"Yeah... Well, I got tired of all your nagging."

"Dad, polite..." Y/n gave her father a look and he groaned.

"Yeah, yeah. Sorry."

"Thank God you're telling him off, Y/n. Your old man really needs some adjustments."

"Hey..."

Y/n laughed and the Captain smiled, it had been a long time since the three of them were in his office just casually talking like this and she couldn't help but admit that she missed it. Her relationship with her father was getting better and, although it wasn't like before she was glad they could at least joke around.