Chapter Thirteen (Machine)

xX0Xx

Connor had struggled when he reached for his biocomponent. It was much easier to retrieve, as opposed to when it had been taken out back in Stratford Tower.

It was all because Y/n made sure that he was able to reach it.

He remembered the look on Y/n's face as she pulled it out, horror and pain vividly painted on her features. He already knew that she regretted her action, and he would never put it against her.

Still, he couldn't understand why she was on the deviants' side now when he had more of a connection with her than any android. He couldn't understand why she failed to realize that he was accomplishing this mission for her.

So that he could stay with her.

He couldn't think of any logical reason as to why she suddenly chose them over him and he felt unpleasant.

He felt betrayed.

Deep down he knew that he cared about Y/n but seeing her fight for the deviant leader filled Connor with an intense feeling of bitterness. He didn't feel that it was fair that, after all they've been through, she would choose to protect the deviants.

He stood up feeling a weight on his shoulders and he had two things in mind.

[STOP MARKUS]

[TALK TO Y/N]

He ran out of the hold as he saw that the explosive had been activated and he made his way to the nearest exit. He saw the soldiers sweeping around the area but he couldn't care less about them and the androids being slaughtered around him.

After successfully making it out of Jericho undetected he made his way to a secured area to get a taxi back to CyberLife. He had to make sure that he was prepared for whatever the deviant leader would do next and, even though he wanted to search for Y/n, he knew that she would go against him.

-------

NOV 10, 2038
AM 00:47:09

It was cold and dark. The atmosphere around the safe haven, dreary.

When they had jumped into the river, Y/n had no choice but to follow Markus and his group as they escaped to the old and abandoned Woodward Church. She saw that the majority of the androids had already made their way to the abandoned church with a few more still coming from here and there.

Y/n looked around as the androids who were able to successfully escape Jericho set up little areas for them to settle in and she saw that some were able to take biocomponents as they fled but it clearly wasn't enough for everyone's survival and the guilt she felt increased.

If only she had realized that what she had been doing was hurting innocent people sooner this would have been avoided.

Another thing that greatly bothered her was Connor and what had happened to him, Y/n then realizes that she hadn't checked if his tracker or GPS was still working and since her smartwatch was water-proof it should be fine.

Pulling her long-sleeve down, she saw that her watch was still miraculously intact. She turned it on and saw that it was working fine. She quickly opens the GPS application and tries to track Connor and where he was.

Low and behold, he was en route to Belle Isle where she knew the CyberLife Tower was located.

She wondered what his next plan of action was but, seeing as he was adamant in completing his mission, she knew it wasn't going to be pretty and would involve more people losing their lives.

Y/n knew that she had to stop Connor from making a terrible mistake so she'll have to keep tracking of his movement. At first, she only wanted to track him while they were inside Jericho and remove it after but now it seemed to work in her favor.