Chapter Eleven

xX0Xx

When they got out of the station, the two went straight to Y/n's car and got in. They drove away from the station and Y/n was driving in the direction of her home.

While Y/n drove, Connor kept analyzing the data that he got from the deviant who gave him the hints for the location of Jericho.

He was strategizing and computing all the possible scenarios in his head and a few that had involved Y/n made him worried. The place was full of androids and, if she were to come, there is a chance that she would get hurt by them, or worse.

"So... Something on your mind?" Y/n spoke out to him and he looked at her.

"I think it would be best if I were to go alone."

"That's a negative," she immediately replies.

"But Y/n-"

"I know you can perfectly handle this on your own, in fact, I could even be a liability to the success of your mission, but..."

She let out a sigh and gave him a soft and yet sad smile.

"I don't think I can just leave you alone, not after everything that's happened... Will you let me go with you?.."

Connor looked at Y/n, although he could decline her offer he thought about the past few days that they had spent together. She was truly capable and smart and, even though it would be dangerous to walk into the deviants' hideout with a human, he believed that she would be able to handle herself.

That, and he also wanted to have her by his side. He felt confident whenever she was around and so, he accepted.

SOFTWARE INSTABILITY▲

"Yes... I- I would like for you to stay..."

Y/n smiled at him and soon they reached her house. She opened the front door and was greeted by Sumo but not by her father.

"Dad?.." Y/n calls out but receives no answer, "I guess he didn't go home yet... Wait here."

Y/n walks towards the hall and Connor patiently waits for her in the living room. He looks around and saw that there was a photo of a little Y/n on Hank's shoulders beside a few Jazz records. He makes sure to capture the image and save it in his memory before putting it back down.

"Alright, here..."

Y/n walked out wearing a different outfit of dark red turtleneck and black jeans but the same combat boots. She wore a different black jacket this time and he noticed her holding some clothing and a pair of brown boots.

"It'll be best if we blend in, I'm sure the androids would be able to tell that I'm human but if I hide well enough they won't be able to spot and scan me. As for you, I'm sure Dad wouldn't mind if you used some of his clothes."

She smiled at him and gave him Hank's clothes along with the boots, she gestured to the bathroom and he goes in to change. As he comes out, he found that it surprisingly fits him well. He walks back to Y/n and she gestured for him to lower his head, when he did, she places a black beanie on his head.

When he lifts his head he stared at Y/n's dilated eyes as she smiled at him.

"My dad's clothes look better on you than it does on him."

She chuckled and, when he saw a glimpse of his reflection on the TV, he saw that the beanie she placed on his head was the same one she had worn on the day of their first investigation together.

It gave him a sense of warmth and comfort knowing that he was wearing something of hers.

"I already called us a taxi, where are we heading?"