Chapter Fourteen (Machine)

xX0Xx

The following day, her orders were to help with the curfew of the city. The people of Detroit were in a state of panic and although she understood why she wanted to tell them that their fears weren't warranted since the deviants were peaceful.

Still, she did as she was told but not before the Captain reprimanded her about her and her father's actions the previous day. Although he commended her for finding Jericho, she was going to be receiving punishment for punching a federal agent.

She had no regrets though.

Y/n's entire day was spent ensuring people's safety that it had almost been relaxing, save for the people complaining about the given curfew. Still, it was nothing compared to what she had been through the previous day at Jericho.

The cycle went on and, due to needing extra manpower, she was tasked to stay late and help with making sure there weren't any people breaking the curfew. She continued to stay and work but at around 10:45 PM, Y/n got a notification from her smartwatch saying that Connor was on the move.

Since she was busy, Y/n had turned on motion alerts for Connor's tracker and she was glad that she did since she now knew that he was finally on the move.

She was nervous, to say the least. She didn't know if she'd be able to convince him that his people were of no harm and that he didn't need to push through with his mission. He would definitely be stubborn about it but if he had any sort of care or feelings towards her then she had a good shot at changing his mind.

Now that almost all of the other DPD officers have left to either go home or relocate, she was free to go to her car and follow wherever Connor was heading to. Y/n debated on whether or not she would tell her father what she was planning but she decided not to.

Y/n would rather deal with Connor herself and not get other people involved.

She gets in her car and waits for him to make it halfway to Hart Plaza before starting her car and driving there.

She had been aware that the military had been setting up camps to destroy androids and, based on her extensive knowledge of Detroit's city map, the nearest one from Woodward Church was the one in Hart Plaza. It would only be logical for Markus to go there while Connor waits for his time to strike.

As Y/n drives there, her thoughts are only of Connor, and what she would do if he refused to change his mind.

-------

NOV 11, 2038
PM 10:57:04

His surroundings seemed static all around him as he let himself into the abandoned building. The sounds of his footsteps echoed through the emergency stairway he walked up, and he didn't think to double-check whether or not somebody had seen him walking into the area.

Opening the door to the roof deck, he scanned his chosen vantage point and designated the spot that'd give him the best view towards the Deviant leader.

Walking over, kneeling down then setting up the sniper he had taken gave his software instability another moment to demonstrate itself.

You don't want to do this, Connor.

He placed the firearm on the roof deck's handrail then looked through the scope. The view of the Deviant leader's head was clear and unhindered.

Think of what Y/n would say.

"Shut up..." Connor muttered to himself, his finger right at the trigger ready to shoot. But then, a familiar voice spoke out from behind him.

"You shouldn't do this, Connor."