1

"Ma," Viktor Braginski trudged downstairs whilst pulling his blanket closer to his form. "Has Alexei arrived yet?" 

His mother, an old loving housewife, worriedly shook her head while keeping her entwined fingers closer to her chest. "I'm afraid not, Viktor." She replied weakly, tucking a loose white hair behind her ear.

His oldest son's face scrunched up for a second before narrowing his grey eyes. "I'll look for him." He stated as he threw the cover off his body and onto the nearest chair. "I told that idiot a lot of times to get home as early as possible!"

His mother parted her lips to retort something back but Viktor cuts her off by accidentally falling down the stairs.

Horrified, his mother immediately rushes to him and helped him up to his feet.

"Let's wait here, Viktor." She said softly although her eyes tells the opposite. She really wanted to look for her second son.

"No, ma." Viktor bit back angrily while retrieving his own arm from his mother's wrinkled hands. "He isn't safe out there!"

"And so are you," His father grunted from the kitchen. The old chap hobbled to where the two stays and he grumpily snatched the coat from his older son's hands. "I am the man in this house, I should be the one responsible of this family."

And with that, he wore the wool and limped towards the front door. Viktor had just enough time to stop his father and he did by slipping his self in between his Pa and the exit.

"But you're sick!" He told him while placing his hands on his father's shoulders.

"I am not sick, Viktor Braginski!" His father barked. "I just have a bad foot, that's all."

"You two, stop fighting already." The women of the house spoke. She resentfully rubbed her temples before walking towards the kitchen.

"We have to wait, maybe Alexei slept in his friend's house and just didn't have the chance to tell us." She called out to the two.

Viktor sighed heavily, hinting to his parents that he gave up on arguing. He slumped on a nearby chair and buried his face on both of his hands.

"Go upstairs, Viktor." His father commanded. "We will take care of this matter."

Nodding his head, he ambled to his room with his head hung low. Viktor's 22 but he still follows his parents' orders.

He locked the door of his own space and he gently drop his body to his bed. All his thoughts were focused to nothing but worries about his younger brother who is only 14 at the moment.

He fell into a dreamless sleep as the cold breeze entered his own room.