Winter Tale FAQ

Ello poppets.

Did you enjoy my novelette entitled 'Winter Tale'? If you do, then I'm glad you did.

The book was dedicated to everyone out there. It's my little Christmas present for you guys.

Here are some of the questions that you might be thinking over while reading the book.

1. Did you plan this?

- I never really actually planned on creating this book. It was on rush since I wanted to give you guys a present this 2014 Christmas. I only made this within four days and I didn't have the time to edit this (sorry).

2. Where did you get this idea?

-The idea occurred to me one day when I went home late from school. We never had winter here in my country but hey, it's December so it's actually cold. I have to pass this dark alleyway alone and while I was walking, my mind suddenly thought that something is going to kidnap me and turn me into some kind of cannibal. (Lol)

3. Why Russia? Why not Germany, England, or Japan?

-Why Russia? Well, the story suits the country. I enjoy reading geographic books and I learnt that Oymyakon has the coldest winter in the whole wide world so I said; 'Why not Oymyakon, Russia?'. Besides, I like Russian people.

4. Are you half-Russian or something?

-Nope, but I wish I was :P

5. What's 'Temnayafigura' ?

-I just googled translate that. It means Dark Figure and nooope, it's not a true tale. I just made that up.

6. Why Schizophrenia???

- I wanted, and I mean really wanted, to make a character with a mental disorder. I was supposed to give that thing to a 'certain' character but then I said Viktor suits it better.

7. How did Viktor know about Gavriil Malenkov when the fact that he wasn't able to step out of his own house? And what are their relationship?

-I did that on purpose. Gavriil's a special character in this book and I didn't want anyone to just forget him. Imagine if I wrote that Viktor has schizophrenia and the name of the doctor is 'Bla bla bla' instead of Gavriil Malenkov, then everybody would just forget the fact that he existed.

 -The two don't have any special relationship like 'cousins, brother, etc.' They only have a 'patient-doctor' relationship.

8. What's with the ending?

-I... don't actually see what's wrong with it. Yes, it is very confusing (well, the whole book was) and I purposely left it open-ended. It's up to you guys to figure out what happens next :D

9. Why is the title 'Winter Tale'?

-I couldn't think of something better. It doesn't suck, right? Right?? 

10. Sequel?

-I'm still thinking about that one although I am not quite sure about making one.

Well, this is it! I hope some of you got enlighten by my answers.

If you enjoy Horror/Thriller novelettes, you can check out my other on-going book, Danveur