9

Mess. It was what Viktor’s mind could manage to interpret when he went back home the other day.

The worn out couch was upturned, scattered papers were all over the place and there were a couple of snow footprints printed on the floor. The whole house was a total disaster.

Viktor’s eyes watered from the sight and his legs involuntarily ran towards the kitchen, only to be greeted by a gruesome mess.

He just stood there, hands clasped tightly over his mouth as he fought the tears that erupted from his eyes. It was sick and disturbing.

There at the counter, sat his old mother with a gap on her stomach. Her eyes were rolled upwards and her jaw was slack. Dry tears were visible on her pale cheeks and the position of her hands brought Viktor to slump on the floor, screaming in interior pain.

They were clawing at the air. Her mother fought up to her last breath.

The putrid smell of blood caused Viktor to heave heavily beside him. It wasn’t fair, how could any heartless monster do this to his old mother? She could barely fight with her frail arms!

Standing up, he ran upstairs to look for his papa and Alexei. He was badly hoping that nothing happened to them, heck, he was even praying.

His steps echoed throughout the empty house and the smell of blood only got stronger once he was on the second floor. It was completely unnerving.

With slow, timid steps, Viktor approached the slightly ajar door of his parent’s room. He wasn’t exactly sure what he was hoping to see. The cold breeze suddenly emerged from nowhere and Viktor felt something pushed him towards the said place.

With no choice left, he shoved it open and for the first time, Viktor shrieked in horror. He could smell the warm liquid slowly escaping his pants and he didn’t pay any attention to that matter.

“Big brother,” Alexei smiled widely that it reaches from ear to ear. His mouth was dripping with crimson red and his hands were trying to pry open his dead father’s stomach. “Just in time.”

Viktor screamed loudly that he could feel pain forming in his throat. The sight was completely horrific, repugnant. He collapsed on the floor with his whole body shaking and he instantly lost consciousness.

It’s not everyday that you see your younger brother trying to feast on your father’s organs, right?