Shhhhh

You work as Tony's assistant in the lab and occasionally see the Avengers. 

You woke up sweating, the room felt like 90°. Over the past week, Tony and you have been fighting each other about the temperature on the thermostat. He of course never backs down, even after you go to bed he will change it. How someone could sleep so peacefully in this hot room, much less with blankets. You tried staying up later than him but he always leaves the lab last. 

"Cheese and crackers Tony, if you want it this hot just light yourself on fire." You growl. Throwing the blanket off yourself and onto the floor. "Why is nobody else feeling this?" Since most of the Avengers lived in the tower with you, it was always odd they never noticed the blazing heat at 2:00 AM. Sitting up and swinging your legs over to the side of the bed, you're going to go end this once and for all. You start to walk towards the bedroom door,  the blanket on the floor wraps around your ankle bringing me to the ground with a loud thud. Hitting your knee on the nightstand in the process, now you're laying on the ground rolling around in pain while holding your knee. "I'm..." You gasp out. "Going to kill him." You hiss in pain as you try to stand up, then freeze at the sudden knock on the door.

"Y/N? I heard a thump, are you okay?" Steve's voice comes from the other side of the door. Great. 

"I just tripped...I'm okay." You blurt out, trying to sound normal. Forgetting that Steve's room was directly below yours. You listen for a response, but nothing. Maybe he went back to bed?

"I'm coming in." He pushes the door open and flicks on the lights causing you to cover your eyes rapidly. You notice my knee was bleeding. He rushes over to you, kneeling to examine your knee. "Looks like you only need a Band-Aid." His fingers touch your leg, causing your heart to speed up. You've had this crush on him forever, who wouldn't crush on Captain America?

"Oh...okay." You could barely respond to him, his face was so close. He turns his head and your noses hit each other, he quickly pulls back.

"Can you stand?" He offers a hand to you, you let him pull you to your feet. Wincing at the sudden weight on your bad knee and leaning into him for support. "Here." He scoops you up into his arms, carrying you bridal style. 

"Steve!" You gasp at his sudden movements. He smiles down at you as he carries you out and down the hallway towards the kitchen. "You didn't need to"

"I don't mind Y/N." He sits you down on the kitchen counter and rummages through different cabinets.

"Steve?" You ask, he turns to face me. "They are in the drawer over there." Pointing to a drawer on his left side, he smirks and opens it up.

"I don't see you much besides in the lab." Steve sets different containers of Band-Aids on the counter.

"It's not like I work in the lab or anything..." Your sarcastic tone makes him laugh. He had a very nice smile that you didn't see often.  He quiets down, his eyes focused on his task of cleaning your knee. You wince while he washes it off.

"Sorry." He meets your eyes quickly then looks back down.

"I was surprised you could hear through the ceiling that well." You try to start another conversation. 

"Super soldier hearing I guess." He starts looking through the medical supplies.

"Good to know, now I wouldn't bring any guys home with me." You joke, his hands suddenly tighten on the counter causing a small crack in the marble. He meets your eyes again, and the smile on his face vanished. 

"I don't want you to bring other men home." He states, by now your jaw was hanging open. Did he have feelings for you? Steve leans in kissing you suddenly, your eyes widen in shock but after a few seconds, you close them and kiss him back. After a minute or so, you both pull out of the kiss and look at each other for a second.

"Steve..." You couldn't form any words other than his name.

"I've wanted to do that for a long time Y/N." He breaks eye contact and pulls a Band-Aid out of a box and sticks it to your knee. Look down and realize it's Iron Man-themed, causing you to laugh.

"I need to tell Tony to stop making it so hot at night." You look back up at Steve, his eyes were studying your features.

"I should probably tell you that he's only raising the temperature in your room, he told us to keep it a secret." You glare at Steve.

"Steve, I am going to kill him!" You yell. Steve laughs.