Scenery

Power: Super Hearing (You can turn your hearing off because it hurts your brain sometimes)

STEVE'S POV

I walk into the kitchen of the Avengers Tower, rubbing my eyes from exhaustion because of the mission we just completed 72 hours ago. I shuffle to the coffee pot and pour myself a cup, I notice the tea kettle out. My heart leaps a little, knowing exactly who drinks tea on the team. I turn and lean against the counter behind me, taking small sips from my mug. I study the kitchen and common room, finding them empty from where I was standing. She must have gone back to her room?

 I notice the patio door cracked open a little and make my way to the door, I pull it open and look out finding Y/N sitting on the railing with her feet dangling over the edge. She was bold to be 37 stories high and still sit up there, it made me a bit nervous but watching her hair blow in the wind was captivating. I step out on the patio, closing the door behind me. She doesn't move or flinch which tells me that her hearing is turned off. She keeps it off more when she's outside, the city noise sometimes gives her migraines.

Looking so at peace, I don't want to ruin the moment for her. I also don't want to make any sudden movements, startling her while sitting on the edge would be bad. I just stand there and admire her while she gazes out at the city below her. She turns her head to the side, seeing me in her preferable vision. She jumps a little which causes me to rush forward worried she might fall, she grabs my arm to steady herself.

"Sorry to startle you." I say, she smiles up at me. I forgot her hearing was turned off. She blinks a few times as if she turned her hearing back on.

"Sneaking up on a girl like that." She jokes and turns to jump down from the wall, I help her and she smiles up at me once she stands in front of me. My large figure towers over her small body, no wonder she was startled. "Are you okay Steve?" She asks.

"What?" I quickly say making her giggle. She makes me extremely nervous.

"You seem to be in deep thought." She takes her pointer finger and presses right between my eyebrows. "You get these lines when you are thinking hard about something." I pulled her hand away in a playful manner.

"Just tired I guess." I shrug, and I notice our hands are still intertwined. She looks down and realizes it as well but doesn't pull away.

"You did just get back from a mission." She starts walking to the ledge, dragging me along with her. We look back out at the city, our shoulders touching. I feel my face getting warmer.

"So you've been sitting out here all morning?" I ask as I draw invisible shapes with my finger on the balcony wall.

"I like the view." She smiles out at the buildings. 

"Same." I say, but I wasn't looking at the city.