Work it Out

You and Steve weren't on speaking terms the whole way back from a mission. You're angry at him because he put himself in a dangerous situation without waiting for backup.

You ignore him as you march off the plane, Steve hot at your heels.

"Y/N." He calls out from behind you. You don't reply and keep walking until you're both alone in one of the common rooms, spinning around you jab a pointer finger into his chest.

"What the heck was that Steve?!" You shove him in anger, he stands there like a stone. "Why did you put.... me... in that...position?!" You start pounding on his chest unable to get the words out. "You scared me, Steve!" He looks down at you with sad eyes, taking your hands in his as he leans down so he can try to make eye contact with you.

"I know Y/N, I'm sorry I wasn't thinking." He's trying to look into your eyes but you refuse to look at him.

"No, you don't get off that easily this time." Yanking your hands out of his loose grasp and back away from him.

"Y/N! What more can I do than say I'm sorry?!" Steve raises his voice. He winces at his sudden outburst and steps towards you. Knowing that if he got close you would forget everything, he had such an effect on you. Lifting your hand, creating a light purple forcefield around yourself to keep him away. His eyes fill with pain, he presses his hands on the surface. "Y/N..."

"Go away Steve, I want to be alone." You mumble knowing his super-hearing picked it up. He steps back.

"I'll go change out of my uniform and come back." He turns and leaves you alone to think. Sitting on the floor you lean against the wall. Hating how angry you were at him, but it wasn't the first time these past few months he has put himself in danger. It's like he's addicted to the adrenaline rush. You couldn't wrap your mind around the fact that today was too close of a call, all you could do was listen over your earpiece.

"Y/N?" Steve makes an appearance once again, wearing a tight black T-shirt and grey sweatpants. He knew you loved his grey sweatpants. "I brought you clothes, they will be more comfortable than your uniform." That simple act causes your bubble to fade away. You stand up and face him, he waits for you to make the first move.

Life is too short to be mad. You never know how long you have left.

You run up to him, leaping into his arms. Wrapping your arms around his neck and legs around his waist, Feeling his arms wrap around you tightly. We hold there for a few seconds. You feel yourself let out a big sigh, you love when he holds you.

"Steve?" You ask. He pulls his head back to make eye contact. "If you ever put yourself in danger again, you will be sleeping on the couch for the rest of the year. You hear me?"

"Loud and clear." He presses his lips to your forehead.