Chapter 2: Keep pushin

I looked at the clock on my dresser that read 2:34. I took this as my chance and took my bag that I packed with me to Robyn's room. I lightly closed the door behind me and shook her awake.

"Mommy?" She asked in a groggy voice. "Yes baby it's me. We're going on a little trip but we have to be very quiet not to wake up the others okay?"

"Wait not even daddy?" I scrunched up my face. "Who is daddy?" I asked helping her up. "Michael that's my daddy right?" I couldn't answer her question so I changed the subject. "C'mon baby help me pack some of your clothes"

I said. She grabbed a backpack as well and put some clothes in it. "You can take one toy okay? But only one toy" she of course grabbed her stuffed bear. "Can I say bye to daddy first?" She pleaded. "You know what, we can write a note for him. Go get some crayons and some paper for me and you both"

She ran to her "school" station and grabbed some stuff for us both. I kissed her cheek and began to write a note. She handed me her's and I couldn't help but read it.

Dear daddy. Mommy and I are going on a trip but we'll come back for you. I love you and wish you were coming but mommy said no. I'll miss you.

Under the note she drew a picture of her and Michael together. I wish she didn't call him daddy. It's tearing me up inside but I'd rather her call him daddy than her actual father.

"Okay c'mon let's go give daddy a kiss" I grabbed her hand and lead her to his room. She ran over to Michael while I laid our notes on his dresser. "Daddy. Daddy wake up" I swiftly turned around to stop her but it was too late.

He was already waking up. "Robyn? What are you doing out of bed?" Hemis eyes darted over to me. "Tia what are you doing?" He asked standing to his feet with Robyn in his arms.

"Michael please. Just give me a head start. A thirty minute head start to find me and if you find me I'll come back with you I just need a thirty minute head start" I pleaded.

He stared at me in disbelief. Then that disbelief turned into sympathy. "You swear?" He asked almost as if he were giving in. "I swear" he nodded his head and put Robyn down. He handed me his gun and keys. "Clock starts now"

For a few seconds I couldn't move. I was too shocked to move. It seemed so...surreal. "You have 29 minutes left" he shrugged. I grabbed Robyn's hand and without hesitation left the house. I put her in the car seat that was in the back along with our bags and zoomed for the closest highway entry.

"Mommy why are you driving so fast?" Robyn asked from the backseat. I ignored her and continued driving but that only made her keep asking. "Because I need to find your baby brother" I don't believe in lying to a child especially if it's my child.

"Where is he?" "Well that's why we're driving so fast. We have to find him" I said stepping on the gas pedal harder. The faster we went the more gas I was losing. A few hours on the road and I decided to get some gas. I took the gun with me and left Robyn in the car.

I took a deep breath as I approached the glass door. There was no one but the cashier worker. I pulled the gun out and pointed it at her head. "Give me all your money" I said with a cracky voice.

"I can't do that" she said with a shaky voice. "Do you have a family" I asked her cocking the gun back. She nodded keeping our gaze upon each other strong. tears threatening to spill from her ice cold blue eyes. "Then you know that you would do anything for them, right?"

She nodded once more, tears now rolling down her cheek. "And I would hate to take you from your family. I'd hate if someone took me from my children" her sobs were now audible. "If you understand the pain....why do you have a gun pointed at my head" she began to shiver in fear.

Her words..they hit me so hard. I didn't expect her to say that. "Because I need to save mine. I'd hate to kill you, but that won't stop me from getting my family back so if I have to pull this trigger.." i gulped. "Then I will"

She shook her head reaching down into the register to give me the money. "Mommy. What are you doing" I heard Robyn ask quietly behind me. "Didn't I tell you to wait in the car" I said in slight frustration.

"Mommy don't hurt her. Please I'm begging you" she pleaded with dad eyes. I looked at her for a split second then lowered the gun. They woman dropped to the floor sobbing and thanking me. "Forget it. We'll go somewhere else" I picked robyn up and before leaving the woman called out to me. "Wait!" She said running up to my car.

She handled me a wad of cash. "Be safe she said" looking back at Robyn then to me. "Why are you doing this?" I asked in confusion. "I'm helping you get your family back" she left the car and went back into the store. Before I left I filled the tank up.

The sun began to rise and more cars began to fill the road. I wasn't sure were I was going but my main focus was making sure Michael wouldn't find me.

To be continued.....

I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter. It was definitely hectic but hey you gotta do what you gotta do. What are y'all's opinions? Y'all agree with Tia's actions or y'all against it? Love y'all!❤️❤️

(Forgive any errors)