Chapter 5: Keep Looking

*Michael's POV*

A couple hours on the road and we were running out of gas. We agreed to pull into a near gas station where we would ask around for Tia.

Trevor and I walked into the store. I grabbed some snacks for the road and he filled the tank. As I was paying for the stuff I began a conversation with the worker.

"Have you seen a girl around here kinda short, greenish eyes, black hair, maybe had a little girl with her. She might have seemed rushed" I could tell that the woman knew what I was talking about.

"No" she shrugged. "Sorry I can't help you" she then started bagging our snacks. "Cash or credit" she pulling the bag closer to herself. "C'mon lady. I need to find her." She rolled her eyes. " I already told you I don't know who you're talking about. Cash or credit" she said through clenched teeth.

I threw a couple dollars on the counter and snatched my bag. I pushed to door open nearly pulling it off and got in the car. I gave to bag to Janet and clenched my teeth together. "What's up with him" liyah said. "Probably started his period" Janet snickered nudging my shoulder.

"Shut up!" I said in a growl. "See" They both whispered together. I snatched the bag away from them and threw it out the window. "Mmcht man why would you do that?!" Janet said getting out of the car picking up the food.

Liyah smacked the back of my head then got out to help her. Trevor got in and started the car. "What's your problem?" He asked popping a piece of gum in his mouth.

"Nothing" I rolled my eyes. He shrugged his shoulders and stared straight ahead. "These damn girls get on my nerves" I said finally. They got back in the car with an annoyed sigh.

"Ight let's keep movin people" Trevor said quickly pulling out of the gas station parking lot. I sighed and laid my head on the glass. We were soon caught up in the rain and it was getting dark.

We pulled in at a motel and settled into one big room. The girls on the bed and us on the floor. Not that I was gonna sleep. This felt like the biggest mistake of my life.

The next morning came soon and I was prepared to find her. I was the only one up. I went down to the lobby to ask for directions to their cafeteria but I was cut off guard when there were these two women and little girl running out of the building. I couldn't help but notice that one of the women looked exactly like Tia.

A few angry people came running towards them. I zoomed back up to our room where the others were already getting up. "I-I think I just seen Tia" I said still in shock.

In no time everyone was rushing out of the building to follow Tia. The car ride was silent but was filled with excitement almost. Darkness soon started closing in and still It felt like we were running out of time. Janet and Liyah were sleep and nearly Trevor.

"Should we just pull over?" Trevor asked. "If you're so tired trade me seats. I'll drive. He shrugged his shoulders and we switched spots.

I didn't even know where I was going. But I continued straight....

*Dereks POV*

In the middle of fucking this girl Kyla Wales in on us. I kept fucking her though even though they were both feeling uncomfortable. "Really dumbass!" She said covering her eyes.

"Remember, this ma room. You walked in on me" I said ramming myself in and out of her. "I came in here to tell you that Marcus has a fever" "so? What the fuck am I supposed to do?" I said reaching my climax and finally pulling out of the girl.

I put a towel around my waist to get in the shower. I threw her clothes at her and grabbed her hair dragging her out of the room. I threw a couple hundreds at her. "Ask the first person you see to show you out" I said.

She got up with sad eyes as if I'd just hurt her feelings which I probably did. But did I really care? Simple answer, no. I shooed her away with a simple hand gesture. She scurried away quickly.

I turned to Kyla and rolled my eyes at her. "Bring him here" I said annoyed. Since the day that boy came home he's been sick. It's so annoying. Robyn wasn't like this. Why was he?

She laid him on my bed. I left him there and got in the shower. The whole time I was in the shower he was screaming his lungs out. I got dressed and put the baby in his crib.

I spotted his nurse and sent her to my room to take care of him. I grabbed my keys and left the house. I started tracking down Amaya's phone. I rolled my eyes in annoyance. I had to drive 5 hours on the road.

This is gonna be a long 5 hours alone. I turned on the radio and flipped through y'all the channels till I found a decent one. I put the key in the ignition and pulled out of the drive way.

To be continued...

Ummmmm....it's been forever since I've updated this book. This is completely unexceptionable😭😂. Sorry y'all