Chapter 12: One Day At A Time

*6 months later*

I walked into the kitchen holding Marcus and smiling. "How you feelin beautiful?" Michael asked walking up to me and placing a soft kiss on my lips.

"And how is my little man?" He kissed Marcus' cheek and tickled him a bit. "And I'd never forget to ask my princess how she is" he said getting down on one knee to kiss and rub my belly.

I smiled at how cute he was. He was really happy about the baby when we first found out, but I on the other hand was still too scared to have another baby.

*Flashback*

Michael and I waited in anticipation for the pregnancy test to give us our results. I was hoping not because I don't wanna go through the pain of losing another child. It was still too painful to think about.

"Baby what's wrong?" Michael asked pulling me into him by my waist and kissing my cheek. I smiled lightly at him. "Michael I don't know if I'm ready to have another baby right now. I-I don't know" I admitted.

He looked into my eyes sympathetically. "Baby, I'll never let anything happen to our children. Not you, not Marcus, and not the baby that we may or may not be having. I know it's hard right now but I promise it will get better. I'll guard this family like my life depends on it...which it does because you guys are my life. I don't know what I would do if any of you were to get hurt. How would I go on?"

I smiled at his kind words but still was a little unsure about all of this. But his words calmed me down much more.

I picked up the pregnancy test but quickly put it back down. "Michael you look first" I said. "Or we can look together" he smiled grabbing my hand and smiled. I smiled back and picked up the test taking a deep breath.

As soon as we seen the positive sign Michael started jumping around clapping like a little kid getting candy after doing something good. "We're having a baby!"

I picked me up and twirled me around. He ran to the baby's room still carrying me then put me down to pick up Marcus. "You're gonna be a big brother!" He yelled happily making Marcus giggle.

I couldn't help but laugh at his goofiness as well. What a little kid he can be sometimes. He grabbed me by my waist and pulled me into a passionate kiss. "Mmm" I let out a little moan and deepened the kiss.

I break the kiss and smile at him. "I have to call Janet and Liyah. I ran out of the room giggling.

I got the sudden feeling that someone was watching me once more. But shrugged it off and grabbed my phone and called Liyah and Janet.

"Guess what?!"

*End of flashback*

"Baby I'm gonna go to the store!" I said grabbing my purse and wallet. "You want anything?!"

He came downstairs holding Marcus and sat on the couch. "Can you get me some tea, we ran out" I nod my head and stand on my tippy toes to kiss his lips. I grab my car keys and head out to my car feeling as if someone was watching me. I brush it off and pull out of the driveway.

I walk into the grocery store and start shopping for some food. I felt a light tap on my shoulder and turn around with and awkward smile.

"Hi I'm Caleb" he held his hand out for me to shake. "Hi I'm, Tia...do I know you?" I ask awkwardly.

"I just need to warn you..stay safe, please. They're coming for you. It's not over" and with that he walked away from me.

I rush to pay for the groceries forgetting to buy the rest of the groceries on the list. I put everything in the trunk and drive home.

*Michael's POV*

I hear a car door slam and smile at Marcus. "Mommy's home, baba" I kiss his cheek and sit him up in his high chair. I open the door for her and greet her with a hug and kiss.

I take the bags from her and carry them to the kitchen. "Are there anymore?" I ask. She just shakes her head with a smile.

"Baby? You forgot my tea" I whine poking out my bottom lip.

"Michael I have to tell you something" she said nervously. "What's wrong?"  I ask gently caressing her cheek. "W-well I was in the grocery store and this man walked up to me-"

I immediately cut her off with an attitude. "What did he do? Did he hurt you?" I asked her checking her face and body for bruises. "N-no nothing like that. He just warned me that 'they' were coming for me"

I sighed squeezing the bridge of my nose. "Can we ever just be happy?!" I groan and hug her. "What did I tell you? I won't let anything happen to you or the kids" "I know, baby"
I kiss her forehead and pull her head into my chest.

To be continued.....

I told y'all it would be happier and it is right? The book is coming to an end in a couple more chapters so yeah. Uhhhhh I love y'all byee😂❤️