Prologue

You were always told you were special, but you never really knew what that meant, nor did you really believe it. You knew you had a passion for music, having played a variety of instruments over the course of your childhood and school years.

At 17, with high school coming to an end, and the threat of the real world looming over your head, you decided to try something completely out of the box. You started doing covers of your favourite rap songs. 

You decided to upload your exploits to YouTube, thinking not too much of it, being that it was the Internet. What you didn't expect was the positive feedback and views ranking in the hundreds of thousands, even a couple million, leading to the start of a successful career as a content creator on the site. After becoming the talk of your high school, you employed grassroots tactics to spread your covers.

Eventually, you graduated, turned 18, and now faced with the pressures of a job, you had to spread out your videos and weren't able to release them as frequently. Soon, you got yourself a music making program and created a collection of beats, then you proceeded to create your own original songs under the rap name, Ridicule. Thanks to your following amassed at school, they became overnight hits, leading to the release of two self-produced EPs called Ridicule the Stutterer and Ridicule the Speaker, with the latter coming out a week before your 20th birthday.

You managed to gain some serious traction, and with that comes the attention of various record labels trying to sign you. However, you had a bit of an unconventional plan, you didn't want mass fame, you just wanted to make enough money to keep doing what you were doing, and YouTube and the EPs were paying surprisingly well.

One day, you received contact from a unique employer. Not some major record label, but a multi-media production company based out in Austin, Texas called Rooster Teeth. You didn't want to rush into anything, especially since you were working on a third project, but upon reading the job position, it was hard to say no. Plus, you happened to be a big fan of Rooster Teeth, specifically their animated shows Red vs. Blue and RWBY.

You thought about it for a few hours, then answered the email with two words: "I'm in."