Chapter 3

I stepped outside of Bungalow B, and quickly glanced around to make sure nobody was within earshot. Then I let out a fangirl squeal. I mean, someone I've had a crush on for the longest time is here, at Rooster Teeth, he'll be working alongside me, and he's even hotter in person.

"Meg, are you ok?" I was startled, when I heard that, and then Matt came around the corner. "What was that noise? I heard it come from over here."

"Oh, um, that was just thhheee....pipes squeaking."

He looked at me, deadpan, straight in the eyes. "Meg, you're outside. There are no pipes."

Well, shit. Might as well tell him. "Fine, it was me, and I was just excited after meeting y/n."

He rolled his eyes. "Of course you are."

I let out a sheepishly awkward laugh.

"So, are you going to go back to work?"

"Oh, yeah, sorry."

I walked past him and made my way to Stage 5. At least I got to meet y/n. I wonder what he'll be doing after work?

--------------------------

I might as well see how our newest team member is settling in. I walked up to the door at Bungalow B and let myself in. A change had been made, the music department would be combined with acting department, making y/n the head of both. What I didn't expect to see when I opened the door was him passed out in a bean bag chair.

I'd hate to wake him up, but we have to meet each other sooner or later.

I went over and shook him up, but he wouldn't stir, he was out cold. I looked around the place and found a glass, and I got an absolutely brilliant idea. He's gonna hate me for it, but it will work.

I took it to the bathroom and filled it up in the sink, then I walked back to y/n and dumped it onto him.

He jolted awake and cried out "What the hell?!?"

He looked at me and stood up. "I don't know what you think you're doing, but I don't want to be a part of any stupid prank war. Now, who the hell are you?"

Time for the plot twist. "Hi y/n, I'm Matt Hullum, the CEO of Rooster Teeth, and your new boss. It's nice to meet you."

He calmed down a bit, and I could see some of the colour drain from his face. He let out a fake cough. "Hi Matt, sorry about the yelling and getting mad. It's a pleasure to meet you too. Although, I will be looking for some payback."

Kid's got spirit, I'll give him that. "Good to know. Anyways, I came here to tell you that we have combined the acting and music departments into one, making you officially the head of two distinct areas of talent."

He looked surprised, but maintained his composure. "Oh, okay. Anything else I need to know?"

"Have you picked out a place to live yet?"

"I've found a couple of apartments not too far away from here, but I haven't finalized anything yet."

"Hmm, well, I could see about arranging a temporary living situation until you find a permanent place of residence."

"Sounds good to me."

"Alright, I will let you get back to setting up shop."

I left the Bungalow and made my way over to Stage 5, finding Meg in her office and knocked on the open door.

"You have a moment?"

"Sure Matt, what's on your mind?"

I leaned against the door frame. "Well, y/n needs to live somewhere until he can secure a place of his own. Since you and Jess have an extra bedroom, I was hoping you could let him have it."

The look on her face was priceless. Jaw dropped, eyes beaming open, stuttering to make a cohesive word. "I-I-I....w-w-we..."

"It will only be for a little while. A couple months at the absolute most. If he hasn't found a place by then, we'll move him into the Bungalow."

"I....guess we could put up with him for a little bit."

"That's good to hear. Talk it over with Jess though, just so there's no confusion."

I closed the door behind me, even through it I could hear her yell "WHAT THE ACTUAL FU-"

--------------------------

I groggily opened my eyes, having gone back to sleep after Matt left and I took my wet jacket and cap off. But something felt weird, as if someone had put on a weighted blanket over me. I brought my head up and looked down to see none other than Jessica, laying on top of me.

I moved a bit and she lifted her head up to look at me, giving a cute little yawn.

"Hiya y/n, how was your nap?"

"G-Good, but, why are you laying on me?"

"Well, Meg told me to come over to let you know that we're done work for the day, and that you'll be staying with us until you get your own place. But when I walked in and saw you napping, I didn't want to disturb you."

"And your first thought was to climb on top of me?"

"You're so comfy though, I could sleep in your lap all day."

Never before did I want to sleep with someone so bad yet feel creeped out by them at the same time. Wait, what did she say earlier?

"Hang on, you mentioned something about me living with you and Meg?"

"Yep, Matt told us it will be until you get your own home."

"Right." This was gonna get interesting. Then, the door opened, and Meg walked in.

"Jess, are you in here-" She spotted us and saw the....position we were in.

"JESS! What the hell are you doing?!?!"

"What, I'm just sitting on my y/n's lap." She moved her hips, softly grinding on me.

"First off, he's my y/n, not yours. Second off, get your asses up, we're going home."

She made her way over and pulled me up, knocking Jess off in the process.

"Hey!"

"Get in the car y/n, we'll meet you in there."

Guess my prediction of workplace drama had come true, I could faintly hear them bickering as I walked across the lot. Shoot, I realized I had left my cap and jacket back at the Bungalow.  I walked all the way back, meeting with Jess and Meg about halfway.

"Where are you going?" Meg scolded.

"I have to pick up some things I left back there."

She sighed. "Make it quick."

I walked in and grabbed my stuff, still damp, but drying out quick. I jogged the way back, opened the door, and dived in. However, I ended colliding with Jess and, somehow, she ended up on top of me again.

"How the hell do we keep ending up like this?"

She giggled. "I don't know, but I like it."