Chapter 2

I don't remember falling asleep, but I do remember waking up by Meg gently shaking my shoulder.

"Hey, we're almost there." She darted her eyes back to the road, the red hue coming back.

I shifted around in my seat, and winced at the shirt sticking to my sweat stained back. I made the wrong mistake wearing an extra layer in this weather. 

I looked over at Meg, her eyes locked ahead of her and her hands firmly grasping the wheel, her face was still slightly pink, and she took in quiet deep breaths. 

I opened my mouth to ask her about why she turned red every time we spoke to one another, when we made a left and pulled up onto a studio lot. I just let my mouth hang as we drove to the parking spot, marveling at all the space around us.

Meg smirked. "Impressive right?" I looked over at her. "Welcome to Rooster Teeth."

"Yeah...thanks." I was amazed at all the space we had.

She pulled over into a parking spot, and we hopped out. I looked all around us, it was a sight to behold.

"Okay, so, we share this lot with other companies, but we have control over Stages 4 and 5, and Bungalow A . We recently got Bungalow B for your department, meaning you have a place completely to yourself. At least, for now."

I heard what she said, but my mind was somewhat on the sound stages.

"Would you like a tour?"

I snapped back to reality. "Pardon?"

She smiled. "I said, would you like a tour?"

"Oh, yeah. I'd love one actually."

"Meeeeeggggg!"

I turned around to see some blonde girl running towards us, eyes closed and arms out.

She tackled into me, knocking me over and sending us both to the ground, with her on top of me

She tackled into me, knocking me over and sending us both to the ground, with her on top of me. Good lord, was this girl an NFL linebacker? She hit me like a gotdamn truck!

"I've missed you so much while I was at Comic-Con! Although, I gotta say, have you been working out? You feel more muscley."

I raised an eyebrow. "Probably because I'm not Meg."

She opened her eyes and saw me. Then she smiled with a sultry look in her eyes, and inched herself so that our faces were closer together.

"Well, hello there handsome."

Holy crap, it was none other than Jessica Nigri. I will admit, she was much more beautiful in person, but this was neither the time nor the place.

"Oh for the love of- Jessica! Get off him!"

My saviour.

"Awww, but he's so comfy." She nuzzled her nose into the side of my neck. Why do I suddenly have goosebumps?

"I don't care, he's new here and I don't think this is how he would like to be welcomed."

She sighed. "Fine."

The woman named Jessica got off me and I stood back up, getting my wind back. She stuck out her hand.

"Hi, I'm Jessica, what's your name?"

I reached out and shook it. "y/n, y/n l/n"

She let out a small gasp. "y/n l/n? As in, the rapper Ridicule?"

"That's me, nice to meet you Jess. Can I call you that? Jess?"

"Babe, you can call me whatever you want~" She took my hand with both of hers, letting them trace the back of my palm and run through my fingers. "Especially with those strong hands of yours."

I let out a nervous chuckle and glanced over at Meg, and she had a pretty adorable pouty face. That being said, does she not hear me mentally crying for help? It's practically written all over my face.

She must have seen it, because she grabbed my arm and started pulling me away. 

"Well, now that introductions have been over and done with, I can give you the tour." She glared back over at Jess. "I'll talk to you later at home."

"But I wasn't done with him yet."

"Too bad."

Oh boy, not even on the lot for ten minutes and I've already created some workplace drama. This better not show up on the performance review.

"See you later y/n~" Jessica lightly waved at me.

Moving along from that, Meg showed me around, and I must admit, it was pretty spectacular. The stages looked like the same quality as any major movie studio, I wouldn't be surprised if any theatrically released movies got made here.

From there, we went to check out Bungalow B, where we ran into Burnie on the way there.

"Good to see you made it. Did you have a good flight?"

"I had to get up a bit early, but yeah, it wasn't too bad. Especially when you're flying economy plus."

Burnie let out a friendly small laugh. "Heh, I'm sure it does." He glanced to the Bungalow. "Well, I won't hold you up any longer. Enjoy the rest of the tour."

"Thank-you."

Meg led me inside, and it was pretty empty.

"Huh, when I was told it was brand new, you weren't kidding."

"Yep, but once you start filling up with new talent, you won't be alone for long." The red hue came back on her face again.

She turned down a hallway and I followed right behind her. We turned right and she opened the first door on our left.

"Welcome to your new office."

I took a look inside, it was a fairly standard looking one. Desk with a swivel chair behind it, a computer, some shelves, a couple other chairs on the other side of the desk, and even a couch.

I turned back to Meg. "It's nice and spacious, although it could do with a little flair."

"Well, it's your office, you can arrange and decorate it it however you like." A buzz was heard, and she took her phone out. "I'm sorry, I have to go."

"No worries, I can figure things out."

"Well, I'll be nearby if you ever need some help. See ya."

"Bye."

With that she walked down the hall and out the door, I watched her go. I was now all alone in my own office at Rooster Teeth, it feels so.....surreal. I might as well go exploring and see what I can find in here.

I went out back to the front, and I noticed there were some bean bag chairs. Might as well break one of them in. I plopped myself down and pulled the brim of my cap over my eyes. If I was going to work here, I needed to be at my sharpest and most alert.