Chapter 4

The car ride to their place was awkward, to say the least. I was riding shotgun, Meg was gripping the wheel, jaw clenched, coming to a halt at every stop and practically flooring it at every start.

About twenty minutes later, she pulled into the driveway of a small house. It wasn't some fancy piece of real estate, but it looked like a nice place to live.

We all got out and I went to open the trunk to get my stuff. Jess came up next to me as I got out my suitcase, and she reached in to grab my carry-on.

"Oh, I got it."

"No, it's fine, you should give those big, strong arms of yours a rest." She smiled coyly while gently touching my left arm.

Meg sighed, and I heard her mutter "Dammit Jess" under her breath.

We walked up and entered the house, taking our shoes off as we went in, of course.

"Alright, your room is in the basement, so follow me and I'll show you."

Meg led me down the corridor, we turned left, went through the kitchen, and down two flights of stairs, a landing with the door to the backyard separating them. She turned on the light as we got to the bottom and kept going down the corridor. It was a cozy place, with a flatscreen TV, a couple couches, a coffee table, a den that could come in handy for music work, and some posters of Rooster Teeth's productions.

Going past them, I was escorted to a bedroom, which looked rather bare, but it didn't matter, I wasn't going to be here forever, all I needed was a place where I could sleep, listen to music, play on my DS, or just escape and be by myself.

I laid the suitcase at the foot of my bed and Jess gave me my bag, which I plopped down.

"There's still the rest of the house, if you'd like to see it."

"Sure, let's go."

Meg led me back through the basement, pointing at a door right next to my room. "There's a bathroom in there, but no shower, you'll have to use the one upstairs."

Continuing on, she opened up a door at the other end of the hall. "Here is our laundry room, also cleaning detergents, and a refrigerator where we keep our alcohol." 

I looked around, it fit the bill for your stereotypical mechanical room of the house. At least I could sneak beer in and get drunk without them knowing.

We backed out and went upstairs, where I was led through the kitchen, the dining room, the living room, and finally, she showed me the upstairs bathroom.

"My room is right next door." Jess chimed in.

"And mine is across the way from hers." Meg responded quickly.

"Alright...." I said. There's definitely some rivalry going on here, and I'd have to be dense as hell to not see what was the cause.

--------------------------

It was pretty clear to the young rapper that he had already captured the hearts of two notable cosplayers and voice actors. Now it was a question of whether it was a sign of what was to come, or if it was mere coincidence that he happened to meet his biggest fans from Rooster Teeth on the same day.

Regardless, the evening was fairly uneventful. Y/n had unpacked and settled in, going over some demo beats he wanted to perfect in the studio, Jess was going over some lines for RWBY, and Meg was getting dinner ready.

When mealtime came, it was another relaxed affair, with friendly chatter and small talk all around, complete with a few beers to end the night and to welcome their new head of Acting and Music Department.

But as the night wore on, the three co-workers felt the drowsiness overtake them, and they went their separate ways to go to bed. The young rapper found it hard to sleep, most likely due to the two-hour siesta he had after Matt left him alone.

He checked his social media platforms, and saw the fans were excited to hear how he had arrived safely in Austin and was working with Rooster Teeth. There were also a significant number of comments asking when his next project would drop. 

See, what he didn't mention to his roommates, who were now passed out in their rooms, was that he had been working on a third EP and a studio album. His plan was to release Ridicule the Screecher that August, followed by a studio album sometime next year. After that, he would focus on being a producer, his current employer would be the perfect place to stretch his wings and make music for up and coming artists.

That was his plan for the next five years, but certain events could very well alter it, and one never knows what awaits them right around the corner.

--------------------------

I woke up to the sound of birds. It didn't feel like it was that early in the morning, but then again, I had no concept of time, with my phone on the floor at the end of my bed.

As I became more alert, it felt as if something was being pressed onto my stomach. I looked down and, wouldn't you know it, Jess is laying there, fast asleep. So this is what it must feel like having a dog or cat laying on top of you, and you don't want to disturb it.

No sooner had I looked, she started to stir. I laid my head back down and shut my eyes, hoping she'll buy it. I heard her yawn, I felt her head lift off my stomach, then I felt her shift and her head lay down on my chest.

I opened my eyes. "Good morning."

She jumped and let out a little squeal, she looked down and tapped my chest.

"Y/n, you almost gave me a heart attack!"

"Well, I wouldn't have if you were in your own bed. Speaking of which, why are you here?"

"I woke up and Meg told me to go wake you up, but then-"

"You saw me, didn't want to disturb me, and decided to snuggle with me instead. Is that right?"

"....yeah."

I sighed, I guess that's what I get for forgetting to lock my door. I motioned for her to get off, and grabbed some clothes and a towel to take upstairs with me.

"I'm gonna have a shower and grab some breakfast. And Jess?"

"Yes?"

"Don't try to come into the bathroom while I'm showering."

"Dammit, how did you know?"

I raised an eyebrow. "Do you have to ask?"