{~1~}

I feel like someone is shaking me. "Wake up sleepy head". I hear someone say to me. Groaning lowly I turn to face the other side "Five more minutes grandma" I slur in sleep. "Amm I am not grandma" the person chuckles. Confused at who is waking me up I open my eyes and turn to face the person, only to be greater by familiar hazel eyes. "Ace" I exclaim and jump at him crush him in a hug. "Hello to you too" he chuckles. "What are you doing here? I mean it's been so long!" I exclaim. He laughs a little making me frown "It's only been two weeks Amber". I stare at him in mock disbelief and gasp exasperated "Two weeks are like forever". He chuckles and ruffles my hair " Well now that we are here-". My loud gasp cuts him off "Uncle Mike is here?!". He looks at me in amusement "How else I would be here, genius?". I place my hand on my heart and gasp "you wound me Acey boo". He glares at me and exclaimed " don't call me that!". I laugh and got out of bed.

" I'll go freshen up then we will go meet uncle Mike". He nods and I get out of my room and go in the bathroom to do my business and brush my teeth and hair. After every thing, I go into my room again to see Ace laying on my bed with earbuds in his ears and eyes closed and listening to music which I have no idea about. I smile and go to my small closet to pick a dress to change out of my night clothes. Picking a green dress I leave my room once again to go to the bath room to change my cloths. After that I call Ace to get up and go down stairs to meet uncle Mike and grandma.

As we were descending the stairs I hear grandma and uncle talking in hushed tones about something. Me being the curious person I am, pushed Ace against the wall as well as my self and gestured him to stay quite. With our backs pressed against the wall I try to listen what they are talking about. "I think he's on the hunt again. I've seen it with my own eyes mother". Uncle mike says with worry in his tone. Grandma Vero sighs "What do you want me to do?". He looks at grandma in disbelief and states " what I want is to keep Amber safe from him. He is dangerous and could attack at any time and we won't be able to do anything. Please mother keep Amber safe. Please don't let her stay out for long and not to let her go too far. She is the only thing my sister left me and I don't want to lose her".

By the end their voices were not that hushed and I saw our chance and moved into the living room where they were sitting. "Keep me safe from what and whom?". I say entering the room. Uncle saw me and stood from his seat "my little lady bug!". He exclaimed while opening his arms to hug me. I smiled and jumped at him. Of course he caught me and gave me a big hug and kissed my forehead. " how are you dear?" Her asked softly. "I'm fine. How about you and you business?" I ask. "Everything is great!" He exclaimed.

You see, uncle Mike is a lumberjack he cuts wood from the surrounding forest. Yes we live in the middle of pine forest. My grandfather made this cottage for grandma and after he passed she moved here permanently. Uncle Mike on the other hand live in the town just outside the forest with his son Ace, my cousin. We are the best of friends and were inseparable in childhood until he had to go for college in another city. I didn't go to college but Ace taught me every thing he knew and gave me his books so I could study them which I was greatful for as I love books. Ace is my best friend and my only friend I might add. Well accept Jupiter. Speaking of her...

"Grandma, where is Jupiter?" I ask.  She smiles and said "I let her out a while ago so she could hunt for a bit". I nodded and turned to uncle Mike " So, who were you talking about ,the dangerous person, as you said and why should I be protected? ". I asked him. He looked at me unsure then towards grandma. She sighed and said " sit my dear. Let me tell you something". Her tone wsas serious but I couldn't help but feel excited at what she was going to tell me.

"There is a story of a beast or the wolf hunter who lives in the depths of this forest. He is said to be ruthless, heartless, a cold blooded and merciless hunter. He would kill any wolf or any other being in his territory. But mostly wolfs. Some say that he kills wolfs because they killed his family but it is not sure as no one has ever returned after going to find answers from him. People have heard growls and howls of the hunter at night. Sometimes at the full moon you must have heard a lone, pained howl it is him longing for his family".

By the time she finished I was stunned and noticed that Ace was awfully quite. I look in his direction to see him holding a cushion to his chest hugging it for dear life. He is scared. I thought to myself. Of course he is, he is the most scared person I have known. Not that I know many people. Just as I was thinking about the story grandma told us a idea creeped inside my mind. I smiled and got up from where I was sitting and grabbed Ace's hand to get him up as well.

" Where do you think you are going?" Uncle Mike asked. I smiled at him sweetly and replied "Outside to get some air". Ace looked at me wide eyed and started to shake his head furiously " Oh no no no! You are not taking me outside with you and I will not accompany you to go out there to look for a freaking beast  hunter. Dad please a little help here!"  He started to ramble. I rolled my eyes at him and stopped his rambling by saying " Did I say anything about going to find 'freaking beast hunter' Acey boo?". He shook his head. Look he is so scared that he did not even notice that I used his nickname.

After pursuing him to go out with me for a little walk he finally agreed. As we were about to leave, uncle came up to us and said " don't go too far and if anything happens run back here. Okay?". We both nodded and left the cottage. Just as we closed the door we see Jupiter running towards us. Ace groaned seeing her. I rolled my eyes at him and crouched down to pick her up. "Why do you hate her so much" I asked him. In reply he huffed "Like you don't know Amm". I smiled at the memory.

When I found Jupiter she was just a little baby fox. And one day when Ace came here he left his ear buds on the couch before going to the bathroom. After returning he saw Jupiter tangled in his ear buds while she was successfully chewing the wires to get free. From that moment on he started to dislike Jupiter with a passion.

We started walking towards the forest for a small walk but deep down in my heart I wanted to look for the hunter and try not to get kills by him. As I was walking in my thoughts we heard rustling in our left. Me and Jupiter became alert where as Ace hid behind me. I cannot believe he is older than me and is still more scared than me. Yes Ace is twenty four and I am twenty one. I don't look like it but I am.

The rustling continued and this time sounded even more close. Ace's grip on my arm tightened as he held it for dear life. Then suddenly a squirrel bursted out of the plants. I sighed at this where as Ace relaxed saying how he thought it was the hunter.

After walking around for some more time I finally noticed something. Footsteps. I hurried towards them and saw that there were boot prints. "Ace, look. Foot prints!". I felt proud at myself for finding something, even if it was foot steps which could belong to anyone but I would like to think that they belong to the hunter. "umm Amm we should go, these are some really big foot prints belonging to very big man so just leave them be and get back. Dad and grandma would be wiring for us and it getting late as well". Ace said in obviously a scared tone. I sighed and started to get back home.

I will look for you hunter and you will not hurt me....hopefully. I thought to myself.

A/N: So this was the first chapter. I really hope that you liked it. Please don't leave any hate comments as they will be deleted by me cause positive vibes only. Please vote, comment and share.

Love y'all💜
PEACE✌