The Talk with Poseidon (Poseidon)

"Race you there!" Poseidon said before racing towards the lake, a couple of dolphins trailing behind him. The sea seemed pretty calm.

The water was salty as usual. Awhile ago he had to free a hippocampus from a net.

The water started to change. He was near the lake already. Up ahead was freshwater that always seemed to lift Poseidon's spirits.

A particular grey dolphin was neck in neck with him.

He needed to move quicker but he was swimming as fast as he can. He did the next best thing, he willed the water to slow down the dolphin.

When Poseidon reached there, he declared that he was the winner.

The dolphin, obviously complained. Poseidon wasn't paying attention. Above the water, he could see two familiar figures on the dock.

They seemed to be having a picnic. Poseidon realized it was his son, Percy Jackson with his girlfriend, Annabeth Chase.

Whenever they kissed or got too near to each other, Poseidon would always splash them with water. It didn't do much.

When they were just about to kiss, Poseidon decided to make an appearance.

He rose from the water by forming a fist. "Hello Percy," the god smiled. "Nice to see you again."

Percy and Annabeth jumped a few meters away from each other surprised to see him.

Percy complained. "Dad! What are you doing here?!" Poseidon raised an eyebrow.

"The real question here Percy is, what are you doing here, alone, with her, in the middle of nowhere?" Percy and Annabeth flushed a deep red.

"Dad I-" Percy was cut off by his dad. "It's okay Percy, I, too have gone through this phase a millions of times."

Percy didn't know what his dad was talking about, when he realized what Poseidon meant he quickly explained. "Dad that's not-" again he was cut off.

"Oh don't try to explain. I know what your gonna do." Poseidon winked at his son. Annabeth has never been this red before.

Percy tried to say something but his father simply left them alone but before he did, he made a statement.

"Have fun, and don't forget to use protection!" Poseidon said to his son who is equally red as his girlfriend.