Artemis' Giant Lover (Orion)

Artemis was beautiful. Her hair fell perfectly on her shoulders. She looked amazing with her silver dress. The rest of her hunters set up camp for the night.

The moon shines bright, as bright as Artemis. He loved the way she fought, talked, and walked. She was just perfection.

The problem was, she was a maiden. Orion was thankful for being the first male ever to join the hunt. He vowed to be friends but he couldn't help it.

Artemis was just too great not to love.

He hoped that one day, he would get her to forget her vows of maidenhood and become my wife.

I hunted everyday with them, seeing her always made my giant heart beat faster. One day, I took all the courage I had and went to tell her how I feel.

Unfortunately, that day was also the day Artemis' brother visited, Apollo.

He was never in good terms with that guy. He didn't like it that I joined the hunt. Artemis was sharpening her arrows, sitting on a rock.

She still looked beautiful no matter what. He walked up to the goddess.

"Um . . . Artemis, could we talk, you know . . . In private?" She nodded not knowing what I would say. The fear I had was rejection.

But all heroes had a happy ending. Orion was a hero after all, no matter what his parentage was.

They were walking around in the woods. "A-Artemis ." I started. "How are you today?" Okay I was getting nervous.

She looked up to me. "I'm fine Orion, I always am." She smiled.

A hundred butterflies in my stomach resurrected. Gods she was beautiful. I took a deep breath.

"Artemis, I am in love you." I said. She had a shocked expression. She didn't say anything which made me scared.

Behind me was Apollo. He had an angry expression. Was he there the whole time? I thought. I was really frightened now.

"I knew I never liked you. You promised Artemis to be friends only and you broke it." Apollo screeched.

Artemis stood there shocked not knowing what to do. "Orion, I am sorry but you are banned to be in the hunters." She said. I frowned.

"Artemis, please-" I was cut off from Apollo's fist. He cursed me, into destroying everything in my path and bringing rampage.

I was sent to the woods. Anger filled inside of me. That raged had led me to do horrible stuff.

One day, the earth spoke to me. "My son, I am sorry for what happened." Gaea said. "But you are a giant and your purpose is to destroy the gods. I will set you free from your curse, but someday you will be resurrected and oppose Artemis."

A ringing pain came through his body. He realized Gaea was killing him in order to be free from this misery.

He felt happy that it was over, but not over yet. His last thought was his everlasting thought.

I will come for you Artemis.