Chapter One: We're not in Kansas anymore, that's for sure

Edited: 6/9/2023

Third Person PoV
Canterlot High School Statue

The first thing Infinite noticed when he woke up was that, despite all odds, he actually woke up. The ground was cold, like concrete in winter, and the sun  was too bright. He barely had the energy to breathe, much less move.

Someone was yelling, shaking him into consciousness's grasp. When he looked up, he saw a woman with orange skin and hair, although the hair had both orange and yellow streaks in it.

At the sight of the person, adrenaline pumped into his veins as he sprang up to a sitting position and scooted back, knocking over his mask that had changed shape so it was more flat and a green emerald, lifting a hand-

Wait a minute...

What?!?!

Hand?

What happened to his fur?

"Hey!"

His gaze snapped back to the girl, putting his hands on the cool metal of his mask to ground him, reminding himself that it was still there, and he could put it on any time and escape.

"What- who are you..?" He asked, eyes wide as they looked between her and his newly found hand. "Holy- I have hands... why do I have hands..?"

She didn't look surprised.

"My name is Sunset Shimmer, and, well, you fell out of that portal." She pointed behind him, where he could see a mirror under a statue of a horse. "You're from Equestria, right?"

"Equestria? What? I don't-" He cut himself off again, sputtering blood from his mouth.

"Oh- oh my gosh!" She backed away. "Okay, okay, I'm gonna just call the paramedics, and they're gonna take care of you." She pulled out what looked like a communicator, spoke to someone over it, and then put it away.

"You're from Equestria, right? Let's start there. What happened?" She steadied him by putting her hands on his shoulders, and while he appreciated it, her hands instantly got soaked in the blood from his chest wound.

"What's-" He coughed again, looking down to spit out more blood before he spoke. "What's Equestria?"

She almost flinched back in surprise. "You don't know what Equestria is? Then how'd you get here?"

"I... I don't really know myself." He admitted. "One minute I was laying on the ground bleeding out, and the next..."

He trailed off, her voice fading into the distance as everything suddenly went black again.