Chapter Three: Meanwhile... on Mobius.

Edited: 6/10/2023

Third Person
Mobius

It had been one week.

One week since the war.

One week since Infinite's death.

One week since Eggman's death.

One week since Shadow and Gadget disappeared -everyone refused to think that they had died in the explosion that killed Infinite and Eggman- and one week since the Resistance had become the official political and military buffer between the different nations of the world.

One week since the Chaos Emeralds went missing.

Over the course of Tails' 14-ish years of life, he learned a few things about the world of Mobius. One, was that almost everyone had some sort of super power, whether it be super speed or some sort of pocket dimension to store giant hammers in, everyone had some sort of magic.

This magic was powered by the one and only Master Emerald.

The second, was that while the Master Emerald powered most of Mobius, it couldn't do the job without the Chaos Emeralds as it's backup.

That's where the problem was, the Chaos Emeralds were missing, and without those emeralds the world of Mobius will crumble.

When the Chaos Emeralds are used, they get scattered. Despite this self defense mechanism, they are still relatively easy to find. Usually, within the week, Sonic would have found one or two on his morning runs.

Not even one emerald had been found yet, and Tails was starting to worry.

So, of course, he called a meeting between the old Resistance executives.

When Tails explained this situation to them, they laughed until he explained that one of his gadgets that he had previously used to find the Chaos Emeralds weren't picking anything up, even after many hours of tinkering and fiddling.

Until right in the middle of the meeting when a blip of energy came from the "Off World" tab on the side of the gadget.

Eventually, there was a unanimous decision to reengineer the Tornado to find and follow the Chaos Energy signals.