Chapter 1. New school

Joey POV

It was a new day, new time and new start. I'm joey smith and my life isn't what it seems. I have no family, just me in a large house.

I don't have any family because my parents died when I was three and I was put into an orphanage.

A couple adopted me but they sold me off to get a lot of money. All my life I have been beaten, shouted at and put out into the world.

At age 13 I was put on the streets with nothing but a phone and the only clothes that were on my back.

The men that took me trained me to become the best of the best and to kill. They told me that different gangs would call me when they needed someone to do their dirty work.

One day, that phone rang. I picked it up to only be told a location and time to be there. And only one name that has stuck with me forever.

At the end, I came out with enough money to buy myself a small apartment in sunny California. During the last five years, I've made more and more money.

The only thing about me is that I'm well known. Well my name, people are scared and try to stay on gang leaders good sides.

I've done a good job to hide my identity so no one can get me. At least they could try. Being in Los Angeles keeps me busy, with all the gangs I get a lot of work and a lot of money.

For me to kill one person will make me around $1 million. Good for me as I don't really need to do anything, I just sit on top of buildings and kill any threat towards gang leaders.

It's not all that bad, but that's how I've grown up to be. It's all I've ever known. To keep myself in the dark and to kill any threats.

Well that's my life story, and now, I get to go to school. I'm joey Smith, I'm 18 years old and an assassin. This is my life.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walk through the gates of the school with my bag on my shoulder and book weighing it down.

"Excuse me. Can you tell me where the office is? I'm new here so I don't know." I asked a blonde girl who obviously bleached it.

"Ugh." She rolled her eyes. "Down the hall to the left."

"Thanks." I muttered then walked in the direction.

As I walking down the hall, I was stopped by a girl with bright blue hair. Her smile made me smile a little as well.

"Hi, you must be new, I've never seen you here before. I'm Lauren." She stuck out her hand.

"Joey." I shook her hand.

"It's nice to meet you. Welcome to ridgeback high. You'll fit in fine here." Lauren had the biggest smile on her face.

"Nice to meet you to."

"Shitzles. I have to go but I'll find you at lunch. Bye joey." Lauren hugged me then walked off.

I shook my head and carried on making my way to the office.

"Hello, how can I help you?" A middle aged woman at the desk smiled at me. She had grey hair and stunning brown eyes.

"Uh I'm new. I'm joey Smith." I told her.

"Of course. Here's your timetable and locker number with the combination. Have a good day." She smiled at me giving me the paper.

I took what I needed and left the office. The halls were now filled with students. Most were talking, some were on their phones and others were having full on make out sessions.

I eventually found my locker, only to see the same blonde from earlier with a guy making out right in front of my locker.

"Excuse me." I called out. They both ignored me so I said it a bit louder.

After five minutes, I got annoyed and spoke up. "Hey blondie, move so I can get to my locker." I shouted.

She pulled away from the guy only to look at me like I was a disease. Well, I'm sure she's had more than one but who's to judge.

"Can't you see I'm busy?" She scoffed.

"Can't you see I need to get to my locker but you and dipshit there are in the way."

"Go somewhere else then. We're busy."

"This is my locker now move or I'll make you." I gritted my teeth.

"Whatever." She flipped her hair and walked away. The guy followed her like a lost puppy.

"Fresh meat. What's your name sweetheart?" A voice said behind me. I turned around to see two blondes with blue eyes and a dark brown haired guy with light brown eyes.

All three very attractive but I could tell they were stuck up their own asses. They were all well built as well. I could only imagine them to be in some sort of gang.

"Joey." I said bluntly.

"Well sweetheart, that is a lie. What is your real name?" The brunette came closer to me.

"My real name doesn't concern you. All you need to know is that people call me joey and that is how it'll stay." I spat out at him.

"That's not very nice is it? We've been nothing but nice to you. No need for the attitude." One of the blondes smirked.

"Leave her alone Grayson. And you two, just stay away from her." I heard Lauren.

"Well isn't it little stone. Come here baby." The brunette smirked at her.

"I'm not your baby and never will be. Now leave my friend alone."

"What are you gonna do little stone. You can barely hit a bean bag." He rolled his eyes.

"Shut up Grayson. You know how Abbott is, now leave her alone before I show you what I can do." Lauren glared at him.

"Listen here you little bi-,"

"What are you going to say?" A deep voice said.

There was a 6'3 guy stood there. He had dark brown hair with red streaks. His piercing blue eyes glared at the brunette.

"Not much boss. Maybe you should control this little cousin of yours."

"I don't need to do shit. Now shut up and get to class like the good little boy you are. Same goes for your two. Now go."

The three boys all replied with 'yes boss' and left.

"You both alright?" The same deep voice asked.

"Yeah, just that dipshit never knows when to stop. Thanks Abbott." Lauren hugged him.

"And you?" He turned to me.

"I can look out for myself, but thanks." I kept my face neutral and no emotion in my eyes.

"Good. I'll see you later Lauren, make sure you keep away from Grayson." The guy told her then left.

They must be close. I thought.