Chapter 25. The funeral

Song: gone- Katrina Stuart.
(Mature content⚠️)
Joey POV (three weeks later)

"Are you ready?" Abbott put one arm around my waist.

"It's my fault." I whispered.

"Hey, no it's not. Lauren wouldn't want you blaming herself. It's Pablo's fault that she's a dead. Don't beat yourself up."

"I can't help it. I could've done more to help. We waited to long and now Lauren is gone. She should blame me."

"Joey listen to me. I knew Lauren better than she knew herself. She wouldn't want you blaming yourself. Trust me, Lauren wouldn't want that on you."

"How do you know?" I sniffled.

"Because she knows what self blame feels like. Everyday Lauren blamed herself for how her parents acted. No matter how hard I tried to talk her out of it, Lauren still blamed herself. I know what it does to someone and it's shit, no one blames you for what happened, especially Lauren." Abbott hugged me tightly.

"We better go before we're late. Everyone has already left." He added. Abbott laced his fingers through mine and lead me out of the house.

We got into my blue Lamborghini with Abbott driving.

Eventually, we got to the church where Lauren was to be buried. Harriette came up to me when I got out of the car.

"I'm so sorry Harriette." I cried on her shoulder.

"No one blames you joey. We'll all get through this." She squeezed me then let go. "Let's go."

"Here we are to remember Lauren Elizabeth stone. She was a daughter, cousin, friend and loved one..." the guy went on.

Abbott, Grayson, miles, Hendrix, Abbott's dad and Lauren's dad all carried her coffin in and out.

After a few words from close friends and family, it was finally my turn.

"Lauren was the first friend I had ever made. With her bright blue hair and kind eye and soft smile. She accepted me to be her friend when no one else would. I was the weird new girl no one had ever seen before." I began to cry again.
"From being new and alone I went to the new girl who managed to be friends with the most popular group at school." I turned to her coffin. "Thank you so much Lauren for being there for me and giving me an amazing friend who I am glad to call sister."

Abbott came up to me and hugged me while I sobbed into his chest. After the coffin was put into the ground, everyone left.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I got home, I locked myself in my room. I took off my dress then got in the shower, hoping I would feel better afterwards.

After a few minutes, I felt arms go around my waist. Light kisses were placed on my neck and shoulder.

"Penny for your thoughts." Abbott put his chin on my shoulder.

"Not much. I just feel bad now because you lost your family. If I just listened to pablo and not make friends then you would still have Lauren." I cried.

Abbott turned me around so I my face was in his chest. He held me while I cried as he went through my hair with his fingers.

"If Lauren hadn't of met you then I would of had to see her sad all the time

"If Lauren hadn't of met you then I would of had to see her sad all the time." Abbott told me.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Her mom and dad were aggressive drunks. Before you, Lauren barely smiled and then all you had to do was say hello and her face would light up."

"That wasn't me."

"Yes it was. When you gave her money and a car, you don't know how much you helped her. She couldn't stop smiling because it was you who helped her when she needed it most. As a stranger you didn't have to do that yet you still did. Lauren will be forever grateful for that." Abbott smiled softly at me.

"Thank you." I sobbed even more.

"It's what Lauren would have said." I could hear the smile in his voice as he spoke.

"I know it would've. She was a great person." I sniffled.

"Yeah she was. Now let's get some sleep." Abbott picked me up, my legs and arms wrapped around him.

He shut off the water then stepped out. I could feel him wrap a towel around his waist then one around me.

"Can we lay like this for a while?" I asked him.

"What? Naked?" He chuckled. I nodded and he rubbed my back. "Of course. If that's what you want."

Abbott dried me then laid me down. After a few minutes, he climbed under the sheets with me. Our feet were tangled at the end of the bed while we just looked at each other.

"I love you joey."

"I love you Abbott." I smiled a little.

He leaned his head down and pecked my lips. Small pecks turned into a full on make out. He moved so he was hovering over me.

"Let me take your mind off things

"Let me take your mind off things." He whispered in my ear.

"Please." I moaned a little.

I could already feel Abbott's hard length poking me. He kissed me then entered. There was a small pain but wasn't as bad as the first time.

"You're so gorgeous y'know that?" Abbott smiled.

"Not entirely." I giggled.

"Then let me show you how much I love you and think your beautiful." He smirked then thrusted into me.

Abbott pulled one of my legs over his shoulder so he could go deeper and faster. Our moans and heavy breathing filled the room as Abbott kept slamming into me.

A familiar knot formed in my stomach and I knew I was close.

"Baby I'm close." I breathed out.

"Fuck. So am I." He groaned.

We both climaxed and Abbott fell down beside me.

"Do we have to change the sheets again?" I whined.

"Not this time baby. We can do whatever you want." He replied.

"Good." I giggled then rolled on top of him.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out what we did for the rest of the night.