Chapter 3. Friday night

Joey POV

It was now Friday, thank the lord up high. But I was having Lauren and her friends round. Good thing I didn't touch any of the food and drinks since I had no idea how many people Lauren invited.

"So are we still able to go to yours tonight?" Lauren came up behind me.

"Yeah totally. I'll be leaving at 9 and coming back around 11 or 12. So you can do whatever, music, pool, drink. Just remember, no wondering." I told her.

"Of course. I'll keep my end of the deal. I just need to know your address so I can text the others."

"Yeah." I told her my address and she pulled out her phone. "How many people will be there anyway?" I asked.

"Six of us. Is that ok?"

"Sure. Yeah just tell them my rules and we won't have any problems." I laughed a little.

"Perfect. See you later. I'll meet you outside after school." Lauren hugged me then ran off.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Are you ready?" I walked up to Lauren.

"Hells yeah. I've been waiting all week. The others are coming around 6." She replied.

"Fine by me." I shrugged.

We got to my car and Lauren's eyes were wide and her mouth wide open.

"This is yours?" She looked at it.

"Uh yeah. I have another at home and a dark blue Porsche." I laughed nervously.

"How rich are your parents?" Lauren asked while we got in.

"I don't have any. My parents died when I was three. I've been moved around most of my life. I was taken in by a store owner when I was 13. A little while after that I left." I told her.

"I'm sorry joey. I didn't know you went through all that."

"I've been through worse. But that's a story for another time." I laughed then took off.

"How the hell did you afford this? Who the hell are you?" Lauren gasped when she saw my house.

"It's not much, but it's home. It's always open so stop by whenever you want." We both walked up to the door.

"I don't have a car. My mom and dad don't have that much money in the family." Lauren's eyes glossed over and she looked down.

"Come with me." I went inside and took her to my garage.

"Are these all yours?" Lauren gaped at all my cars

"Yes. Now which one do you like the most?" I looked at her.

"Uh. Has to be that white one." She pointed to a white Aston Martin.

"Here

"Here. It's a gift. From one friend to another." I handed her the keys.

"No I can't joey. I can't accept this." Lauren shook her head.

"Please. That way you can go anywhere you want. And if you need to get away for a while, you have some way for getting here."

"I don't know how to thank you." She let a few tears slide.

"It's ok. I have this many, what's one less gonna do?" I laughed.

"Thank you so much." Lauren hugged me. We went back inside and I showed Lauren where she can and can't go.

At six, the others came. It was the four guys from the beginning of the week and a girl.

"Guys this is joey, she's letting us stay here tonight while we have a few drinks. We've got boundaries though. So we all have to respect joeys home and listen to her." Lauren said.

"Ok." They all shrugged and came in. I set them in one of the games room.

"This is amazing

"This is amazing." The other girl looked around the room. It has a bar, pool table and bowling alley with arcade games.

"Thanks." I mumbled.

"Joey, let me introduce you to everyone. This is Harriette Carmichael, Grayson Webb, miles and Hendrix Montgomery and my cousin Abbott stone." Lauren pointed to everyone.

Harriette had pink dyed hair with dull green eyes. Miles and Hendrix both had sandy blonde hair with blue eyes. Lastly, Abbott had dark brown hair with red streaks and blue eyes.

"How the hell did you afford all this?" Hendrix looked at me with shock.

"My job is something I don't really like to get into. Not when it's personal to me anyway." I looked down to the floor.

"Well then, let's party!" Harriette yelled making every one, but me and Abbott, cheer.

At around 8pm, I got a phone call. "I've got to take this." I stood up and left the room.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Ah, Miss Smith. I need another job for you to do. But I know your a very busy girl but I need you."

"How much?" I asked.

"For this one its double. $4 billion and it'll be worth it."

"Yeah. Like usual, when and where and you know I'll be there." I said then hung up.

'Venice beach. Outside Antonio's club 9:30pm.' The message came through.

I shut off my phone then went back into the games room. Lauren, Harriette, Grayson, miles and Hendrix were all playing pool while Abbott sat by the bar.

"Hey guys, I have to go out for a couple hours. I'll be back around midnight so you can do whatever. Just ask Lauren the boundaries and make sure to stick to it." I announced.

"Where are you going?" Hendrix frowned at me.

"Just to meet some family. They like to keep me around a lot that's why I'll be back late. I have to go get ready but help yourselves to anything." I told them then went up to my room.

I put on my usual black jeans and T-shirt with my long black coat and combat boots. I put my hair up in a high pony tail with my bandana in my pocket ready to put over my face.

I went into my weapons room and put an AK47 rifle in a bag. Before anyone could stop me, I shouted bye and left the house.