Chapter 13. Tears and chick flick

Abbott's POV

"Can we talk for a second?" I quietly asked Lauren.

"Yeah. Is it about earlier? Are you ok?" She moved closer to me. She had a worried expression. Could I tell her that my mom died?

I had a small battle in my head about telling her. She needed to know but there would be so many questions that I wouldn't be able to answer.

"What is it?" Lauren pressed when I didn't answer her.

"This is going to suck because you were close with her." I took a deep breath. "My moms dead."

"What do you mean dead?" She laughed nervously. I could hear it in her voice that she didn't want it to be true.

"My mom died. My dad found her body a couple hours ago." I told her.

"No! No. Tell me this is some sick joke Abbott. Please tell me that your lying." She begged as tears streamed down her face.

I quickly pulled her to my chest. "I'm so sorry Lauren." I held her close to me while she sobbed into my chest.

"Why is Lauren crying?" Diego turned to Joey.

"Someone very close to her died today. She's just grieving." Joey told him.

"Who left?" Juan stood next to his brother in front of Joey.

"Laurens aunt. And Abbott's mom. You know how you feel about mommy?" They both nodded. "That's how Abbott feels, but because she isn't here anymore, it hurts him."

"Why is Lauren sad if it's not her mommy?" Diego looked at me then Lauren while she carried on sobbing into my chest.

"How would you feel if mommy or aunt alma died?"

"Very sad." Both boys said sadly.

"That is how Abbott and Lauren feel. Your to young to understand right now but as you get older you'll get it more." Joey explained to them.

"How can we make Lauren feel better?" Diego hugged Lauren's back.

"Ice cream and a chick flick. How does that sound?" Harriette said.

"Yeah. Let's do this." Lauren pulled away from me. Joey went to get everyone Ben and Jerry's ice cream while I put on, pitch perfect 2.

Diego and Juan cuddled up to Lauren while they watched the movie. Everyone had blankets on them other than me.

I stood up and went over to Joey. I sat next to her and pulled the blanket over me as well. Joey leaned into my side as I put my arm around her.

"Thank you for that." I whispered.

"It's ok. They understand a lot. They get what I do they just don't know how to be when others are upset like that." Joey told me.

"I know. They're so young. I hope they don't lose Gloria so young." I sighed.

"Not while I'm around. That whole family took me in as their own without so much as a second thought. I owe it to them, to protect them all until my last breath."

"How is a cold hearted assassin have such big heart?" I chuckled a little.

"I'm only cold hearted when I kill people. I can't be an asshole in front of those boys. They don't deserve it so I give them a huge smile and things to keep them happy." Joey giggled.

"You're so fucking cute you know that?" I smiled down at her.

"Hmm. Maybe you need to get your eyes tested. I'm not cute, hot or sexy. You need glasses." She laughed a little.

"You're the one who needs glasses then. I can assure you, that you are one sexy girl." I whispered in her ear seductively.

I trailed my spare hand up her legs to her upper thighs. Joey took in a sharp breath as she felt my hand close to her.

"Stop. There's kids here." Joey whispered yelled at me.

We both looked around to see that Diego and Juan were fast asleep with ice cream around their mouths.

Joey stood up and walked over to the sleeping boys and took their ice cream tubs from their hands. She left the room but came back minutes later with a wash cloth.

Joey wiped their mouths and hands carefully so she wouldn't wake them up. Miles, Hendrix and Lauren were all asleep like the kids.

Harriette and Grayson were cuddled up together in their own little world. Once joey was done taking all the ice cream from the others, she sat back down next to me.

"You ok?" I said while kissing her neck.

"Hmm mmm." Joey hummed. "What are you doing?"

"This." I trailed up her neck, kissing her jaw and chin finally up to her lips. Grayson and Harriette didn't say anything. When I looked at them, they were like me and joey.

Slowly, I laid her down and hovered over her. I spread her legs open so I could lay between them. Joey let out a small moan as my semi hard on came in contact with her heat.

"Ah hem." Someone cleared their throat, interrupting us again. Why does everyone interrupt?

We pulled away from each other and looked up. Grayson and Harriette were giving us knowing looks.

"What?" I shrugged while joey giggled hiding her face.

"Nothing. Maybe take it somewhere else. So no little ones get scarred." Grayson chuckled.

"Come on. It was harmless kissing?" I rolled my eyes. I kept myself on top of Joey not caring if my two best friends were looking.

"That's not what it sounded like to me. That was proper make out, tongues and all. Trust me, if we didn't stop you, you would have gone all the way." Harriette smirked.

"Damn, maybe I should have the house to myself more often. That way I can do stuff without being interrupted." Joey said sarcastically.

"This isn't the first time?" Grayson and Harriette gasped dramatically.

"No." Joey blushed and shook her head. "When Abbott went with me to do my job we were caught."

"Wow. We should have just left you. I'm sure Abbott has a bad case of blue balls now." Grayson laughed.

"Yeah I do. It's bad." I sat up, pulling joey up with me.

"Do you have a shower I can use. Sounds great right about now." I whispered to Joey.

"Yeah. You can use the one in my room or there's one in the weapons room." She whispered back so the others couldn't hear.

"I'll go in your one." I winked at her then left.