Chapter 15. Happy birthday

Joey POV

"Happy two months bestie." Lauren shouted down the hall. All of a sudden she ran at me. She jumped on me causing us both to fall the ground.

The students around us had amused yet concerned faces. I smiled sheepishly and shrugged it off.

"What do you mean happy two months?" I asked when Lauren let me up. "You make us sound like a fucking couple."

"Nope. We've known each other for two months. Anyway, we are having celebration drinks tonight. I was hoping it could be at your place." Lauren smiled widely.

"You know I'm always down for drinks with our dorky friendship group. But I have to warn you, I have friends from Chicago coming to see me for a couple days."

"That's cool. We'll have a small party with only us dorks and your friends. And you have enough room so we can crash and stay there. I'd rather not come to school with a hangover."

"You know it's alright with me. I don't have work so I'm all yours tonight." I winked at her.

"Ohh joey. Don't do that. It's a real turn on." Lauren said seductively.

"What are you going on about?" I laughed.

"Damn, I didn't know you rolled that way." Abbott came up behind me.

"Nah I'm straight. But I was just telling Lauren that I was all hers tonight. It's our two months today." I rolled my eyes.

"Can I join in on the action? It's been a while."

"Not with me your not!" Lauren exclaimed. "I've got my hook up for a when I'm drunk anyway."

"Who's that?" I asked.

"Elliot." She giggled.

"Speaking of, he should be here any minute." I told her.

Just then, Elliot walked through the doors. All the girls looked at him, batting their eyelashes. Some of them even pushed up their boobs so they could get his attention.

"Baby!" Lauren shrieked and ran up to him, tackling him to the floor like she did with me. The other girls scoffed and turned away.

"What are you doing tonight?" Abbott whispered in my ear. His hands roamed up the sides of my thighs.

"Drinks with the friend group. We have to celebrate mine and Lauren's two months. But I don't have work so we can drink as much as we want." I bit my bottom lip.

"Sounds good. Just saying, I'm staying in your bed tonight. The one in my room is... uncomfortable without you."

"Nice try big guy." I laughed. "I have friends from Chicago coming to stay with me for a couple days. They are like brothers to me so they are really protective over me. Just a heads up."

"No problem. Maybe I'll take you down to the basement where's it's soundproof." Abbott winked at me.

"I'm not having my first time in a damn basement and who says it's going to be with you?" I raised a questioning brow.

"Me. So what are your brothers like from Chicago?"

"Very similar to Elliot actually. But they're more serious around others but a teddy bear at heart."

"Who's a teddy bear? And happy birthday joey." Elliot came up to us with Lauren, Harriette, Grayson, Hendrix and Miles.

"It's your birthday?" Lauren and Harriette both screamed.

"Yes. Now chill. I think people from fucking Australia heard you." I laughed a little.

"Nonsense. It's now our two month party and your birthday. So suck it up buttercup, happy birthday." Lauren hugged me.

"Happy birthday joey." I got calmly from the others.

"Thanks guys." I smiled.

"Come on Elliot, we need your timetable and locker. Let's go." Lauren dragged him towards the office.

"Has it really been two months since we've all known each other?" I asked in disbelief.

"Well with Lauren's loud ass around, I'm sure it feels longer. Anyway we better get to class. See you later joey." Harriette hugged me then walked away.

Grayson, miles and Hendrix all followed after her like lost puppies.

"Happy birthday." A husky voice whispered in my ear. He has his arms around my waist, keeping my trapped between his chest and arms.

"Thank you. It really isn't my birthday though. It's the date Pablo gave me." I admitted.

"I'm sorry. I can get Lauren to wait until tomorrow or something. I don't want this gorgeous face being upside down today."

"No it's good. I don't have work and I can let loose and get drunk with my new and old friends." I turned around to face him.

"Ok. So what is exactly happening with everyone?" He asked.

"We will all get wasted then crash wherever. I don't care, I just want to be at home and drink until I can't remember my own name. That sounds like a great party to me."

"Whatever you want joey. I won't be drinking though. That way you can drink that much and I can make sure no drunk people go up to your weapons room."

"You don't have to. I'll just lock the door and basement." I shrugged.

"Ok. But i still won't be drinking. I don't feel like it tonight." Abbott chuckled a little.

"Be prepared to babysit a wasted joey then. And I'm counting on you to keep me from blurting out any secrets."

"Of course. Well I'll see you later. I've got to get to class." Abbott pecked my lips before walking away from me.

Damn this boy isn't even my boyfriend yet we act like a couple. Am I falling for my best friends cousin?