38: Shaved Ice

Hey, it's been a long, long time. I'm really sorry for that! >w<

I don't know what it is about this story in particular but it's just so hard to get words down or I end up hating what I do end up writing,,, but I don't exactly like discontinuing books so I'll still work on completing this, no matter how crummy it turns out to be. In order to do that, I decided to cut a few scenes. I also rewrote the original chapter 38 (what I've posted now is the rewritten version). What I edited wasn't too important so you can dive into this chapter without missing anything. You probably won't even remember what I cut out considering it has been so many months since the last update lol.

I can't guarantee frequent updates like when I updated weekly last year but I will try to write for this story more often.

Happy reading!

Remember to vote & comment if you enjoy! <3

_________________

I'd been waiting.

For the sun to shine down relentlessly. For the clouds to drift through a clear blue sky. For unlimited hours to sleep in and fool around the way I want.

It was here.

It was finally here.

Summer vacation!

"Kotori, slow down."

"But, but! I see the ocean! And it's so pretty...!"

The beach stretched further than I could see. Underneath the blistering summer sunshine it was almost as if I were melting. A briny aroma burned my nose. My gaze roved from the golden sand to the gently breaking ocean waves. All of it was so, so enchanting.

And I was going to be surrounded by this scenery for the days to come?

I hurled my arms upward. "I love life!"

"You get excited too easily."

A grin swallowed my face. "Miko, I'll race you to the villa."

"You think you can win?"

"Don't underestimate my athletic abilities. You'll regret it."

"I wouldn't dream of it, dork."

"As always, they get along well," Nori laughed.

"Don't run off like idiots," Koyuki called, a duffel bag slung over a shoulder.

"They're... already gone, Ko," Chiaki said.

"That Sakurauchi... She has Teruhashi completely wrapped around her finger. This was supposed to finally be my ideal chance to confess, too..."

"Confess?"

"F-forget it! I didn't say anything!"

Coughing, Koyuki shuffled from Chiaki and peered left.

"More importantly, are you sure it's all right we're crashing here, Nori?"

"It's totally fine. My parents hardly use this vacation house. By monopolizing it for our trip to prepare for the second round, I think we'd be doing them a favour, if anything."

"Still... It feels like I'm freeloading."

"Don't be silly, Koyuki. You're the indisputable glue that holds this club together. I wouldn't want any other man living under the same roof as me."