I love you for you, not your body

Harry was sitting at a beautifully romantic candlelit table on a roof.  The stars were out, and the moon was shining brightly.

Across from his was his date, Draco Malfoy.  Their past 3 dates had gone so well and Harry was considering asking Draco to be his boyfriend.  Tonight though, Draco seemed different.  He was nervous and antsy, he hadn't made eye contact with Harry once.

"Draco? Are you okay?"  Harry asked, reaching across the table to grab Draco's hand, rubbing his thumb in circles on the back of it.

"I'm fine, I just have something I need to tell you before our relationship gets farther along."  He said, his voice quivering, the hand Harry wasn't holding started to shake.

"Are you HIV positive or something? Are you an ex felon?"  That drew a soft chuckle from Draco.

"No, no neither.  Harry... I'm trans."  He said in a rush, his heart felt like it was beating out of his chest, the same anxiety that always overtook him when he came out to his dates flooded through him.

"Wait, are you saying you want to be a woman, because if you do, I have no problems with that."  Relief flooded over Draco.  At least Harry wasn't transphobic.

"No Harry, I don't want to be a woman, that is the last thing I want, I'm FTM.  But thank you though, I'll take it as a compliment."  Draco said, grinning widely.  He still got euphoric when he told people he was trans and they thought he was MTF, after years of not passing and misgendering, it felt good to be assumed to be a cis male, really good.

"Oh! Gosh I'm so sorry if that offended you!"  Harry exclaimed.

"Harry, I'm not offended, at all, in fact I personally love it when people tell me I'm cis passing.  So does this mean you don't want to stop dating me?"

"Of course not, are you crazy, in fact I was going to ask you tonight to be my boyfriend."  Harry looked timid.  "I had a whole speech planned out, but it was shit anyways, made me sound stuck up."

Draco snorted "You? Stuck up, that is not possible ever."  A soft smile overtook his features.  "Thank you, Harry, for accepting me, for still wanting to be with me.  And of course I want to be your boyfriend."

"Draco, you don't need to thank me for doing the bare minimum and being a decent human being, I will always accept you, and you will always be safe with me."

A/N
Just a reminder to any trans readers out there, you don't need to pass to be valid! In this oneshot, Draco's transition goal was to pass, it does not have to be yours! Transition to a point where you are comfortable, everyone is different, and everyone is valid!