I'm Glad You Stayed

True to his word, Hatake and I stole the food and ditched the wedding.

We even stole the cake, which my mother will probably have my head for.

Now when I say the cake, I mean the entire triple plater, flower decorated, white buttercream frosted, red velvet cake.

I don’t know how he did it, I was busy stuffing my face full of some tasty cream cheese pickle ham wraps and wistfully imagining that we could really escape, when he grabbed my elbow and whispered, “I’ve got the food, no one’s watching. This is our only chance.” 

It all happened really fast, I was nodding while piling a bunch of appetizers onto my plate and then I was reaching for empty air.

My surroundings changed from a decorated building to an, by all means, empty apartment.

Looking around I was in awe of our new location.

It was a relatively large apartment, its walls white and empty. It was clean, too clean for someone to actively be living there.

There were no pictures, no decorations.

Just a couch and a foot table. 

“This is my apartment.” Hatake said, and I turned around to face him.

He pointed down a hall before speaking again.

“Your room is down the hall on the left, the bathroom is at the end of the hall. My room is the first door on the right.”

He turned again.

“Over there’s the kitchen and dining room.” With that said he began to move away, walking towards the kitchen.

I followed him awkwardly.

He took out a scroll and opened it, spreading it out across the counter.

Then, like magic, the food from the wedding began appearing.

Gasping I watched in awe as half of the appetizers, the main course, and the cake appeared before me. 

“How the hell did you do that?” I asked before I could stop myself. 

“It’s just a sealing jutsu.” Hatake said before bringing the food to the table.

“Pick what you want and I’ll put away the rest.”

Eyeing him carefully I began to pull the appetizers towards me.

Jalapeno cream cheese bombs, pineapple cheese pikes, strawberries, and taco tortilla roll-ups.

Briefly, I wondered what he liked, after all, I picked the cake and most of the food.

Hatake silently began wrapping up the rest and putting it away. 

“Hatake-” 

“Kakashi.” 

“What?” 

“Call me Kakashi. Hatake was my father.”

I fell silent for a moment before continuing. 

“Kakashi. Was ditching really a good idea?” I asked, worrying my bottom lip.

Mother was sure to make me pay.

Kakashi paused and looked at me, tilting his head. 

“Did you not want to? We can always go back.”

Before I could stop myself I shook my head rapidly. 

“No way, we’re here now, no point in going back. But…” I trailed off uncertainly.