Woof

Staring out at the Village, basking in the morning light, and having a calming breeze combing through my hair, I calmed down immensely.

I didn’t have work today, honestly, the timing couldn’t have been better.

I’m still angry, pissed that he basically called me a whore out of what?

Hurt feelings?

I don’t even understand why he got so mad!

Ok, so I’m not that calm. 

“(Y/N)? Is that you? What are you doing up here so early?”

I jumped at a voice, hardly recognizing it for a brief second. Turning around I stared the man down. 

“Mikado, I could ask you the same.”

I wasn’t in the mood for pleasantries. 

“Well, you were right about it having an amazing view. What happened, why are you crying.”

I bit my lip and cursed, wiping the tear tracks from my cheeks. 

“It’s nothing.” I sniffed, torn between talking about it or not. 

“It’s not nothing. Was it your husband?”

I snapped my head back to Mikado. 

“No! It-” I cut myself off, anything I would have said would be mute, the fact is that Kakashi hurt me.  

“It was, wasn't it? It’s okay, I won’t judge.”

I looked back to the Village.

Mikado squatted down next to me, grabbing my hand. 

“How about coming with me? I make a mean grilled cheese.”

I giggled at his dorky smile.

His smile turned a little wolfish.

“Plus I’ve got alcohol.”

I snorted and nodded, standing up and following him down the mountain.

Maybe going with another man isn’t the best idea, after all, Kakashi just accused me of sleeping with him.

But I needed a friend who wasn’t friends with Kakashi, and Mikado was the only one I had. 

His place was small, just a tiny apartment.

But I welcomed it, needing small and cozy.

I sat at the counter table Mikado had and he started to make the promised grilled cheese sandwiches. 

“Do you want to talk about it?” He asked and I looked down at my hands. 

“Not really. We just argued, said some nasty things.”

Mikado hummed and we went silent. He placed the sandwich in front of me and I smiled gratefully.

Then he gave me a glass of wine, the type of wine my mother often served at her gatherings.

It didn’t quite fit the picture I’ve made of him, but I suppose people are always full of surprises.

Gulping down the sandwich and the divine liquid I felt a happy buzz fill my chest.

I was by no means a lightweight, after all, I had to be able to hold my liquor. I was at every one of those parties my mother threw, and even though the wine was strong there was no way it would pull forth a reaction like this. 

Frowning I felt Mikado move my hair from my neck, leaning down and planting a kiss on it.

He mumbled something and shushed me like I was a child about to throw a fit.