That's...Cool?

Yawning I shifted in bed, turning over and rubbing my face into the pillow.

For three tranquil seconds I languished in the feeling of the soft bed, but then I snapped my eyes open and shot up looking around with blurry eyes.

Kakashi was nowhere to be found.

Rubbing my eyes and huffing I climbed out of his bed, flushing as I realized my state of undress. I was wearing another silk nightgown.

Tiptoeing out of the room I sneaked to the end of the hallway, peeking past it and to the kitchen.

Kakashi was standing in front of the sink.

Surprised, I had expected him to be gone already as it was past the time he usually left, I pulled my gown's neckline up and shuffled over. 

“Isn’t your team waiting for you?” I asked, going for casual but ending up awkward.

Kakashi tensed before turning around with an eye-smile.

I stared at him for a minute debating what to say.

Biting my lip I walked over to the counter to grab a cup. 

“So last night-” 

“I’m sorry, that was out of line. I didn’t mean to make you uncomfortable.” Kakashi’s tone was sharp at first, but smoothed out forcefully, making his posture tense but placating. 

“I wasn’t- That’s not, Kakashi last night you…had a nightmare? Want to talk about it?” I stumbled over my words, blushing as I remembered his body molding to mine.

It wasn’t unpleasant, but admitting that wasn’t easy. 

“Ahh, thank you for your concern but I’m fine. Don’t worry about it.” He said casually as if he didn’t just snap at me a minute before.

I bit my lip and studied him a moment longer before sighing and dropping it. 

“Alright, but I’m here if you-” 

“Thanks but I’m fine.”

A heavy silence hung in the air like a noose hung from a fan and the chair I’m on is shrinking.

I reluctantly nodded and kept my mouth shut.

Kakashi sighed and ran a hand down his masked face, looking more tired than I’ve ever seen him. 

“I’m sorry.” He mumbled and I just nodded again.

Seemingly unsatisfied with my response he took my hands in his, encasing them with warmth.

He didn’t smile, not even the stupid eye-smile he used when he didn’t want to convey his emotions, or when he wanted to piss someone off, he just stared into my eyes, pleading and guilty. 

“Really, I’m sorry. I’m just…the nightmare just made me a little agitated alright? I’m sorry I took it out on you.” His voice was soft and gentle, cradling me into forgiving him.

But I wasn’t mad, I just didn’t know what to say. Didn’t want him snapping at me again. 

“Yeah, I get it.” I said, at last, realizing he wasn’t going to drop it until I spoke.

Kakashi still seemed unsatisfied and his jaw clenched.

Sighing, he stepped back and ran his anxious fingers through his hair, eyeing me with his onyx eye. 

“So…The Sharingan?” I asked, changing the subject and turning to get some water.

Kakashi leaned heavily against the table. 

“Yeah, I, uh, it was given to me?” He said as a way of explanation.

I raised a brow at him but he seemed too uncomfortable to continue.