Lord Chiza Missed His Chance

As it turns out, sneaking into the building was much harder than we originally thought.

For Kakashi?

Easy peasy.

For me?

I’m not much of a ninja.

I had brought Kakashi to the window of my original escape, dodging servants left and right.

He had raised his eyebrow at the tree.

I just shrugged and pointed to the window. 

“How did you not break your neck?” Kakashi asked in disbelief. 

“I’d like to say skill.” I replied, eyeing the window distastefully. 

“Who’s there?” A scared voice called, I recognized it as Lisa, and a head popped out of the window.

“Lisa? Oh my god! You’ve gotta help me!” I called her and Kakashi moved closer to me in a form of protection.

It seemed unconscious on his part, but I was acutely aware.

Lisa went quiet for a second, then disappeared from the window. Then she reappeared. 

“I’ve locked the door My Lady! And I requested no one come in as I pack your things. You are safe to climb up now."

I smiled gratefully at her and nodded, looking to Kakashi for help.

Kakashi slipped his arm under my legs and behind my back before propelling us up to the window.

I quickly covered my mouth to muffle a surprised yell. Slipping through the window Kakashi placed me down on the solid ground gently, looking around the room with mild interest. 

Lisa practically ran to me.

“My Lady! The Headmistress is furious! Drake demanded you be turned over to him as soon as you came by! My Lady, I fear your mother will annul the marriage to sell you to Lord Chiza!” Lisa cried fearfully.

I gasped, appalled.

Chiza was a fat old man who controlled a large portion of land just west of here. He had once asked for my hand but wasn’t willing to pay my mother the requested amount. 

“Your mother sounds like a real piece of work.” Kakashi said, glancing around the empty room.

Due to my mother's interference, I had nothing personal within the room.

Just the things she wanted, like dresses and jewelry. 

“Not like your place is any better. There’s nothing there but furniture.” I grumbled, slightly embarrassed with the scrutiny.

Kakashi chose not to respond. 

“My Lady, I have all your stuff packed, but your Mother has destroyed a good portion of it.” Lisa said worriedly. 

“Destroyed? What more could she do?” I scoffed.

Lisa worried her bottom lip. 

“She was in a fit of rage at your disappearance.” Lisa whispered, walking over to the other side of the bed.

She pulled out one of my favorite dresses, it was a simple green sewn with pretty gold thread.

Except it wasn’t how I left it.

Gasping I ran to the shredded fabric. 

“What did she do? Turn into a demon and her nails to claws?” I joked, trying to stuff down my disappointment.