15. Trollops on the Throne (Part 2)

A/N: Don't forget to leave your reactions/feedbacks and to vote! Love you guys <3

A medium-sized building appeared as they rounded the side of the castle. Two pillars stood high attached to a flat roof, and in between was a wide wooden door. In front of the temple were a pair of stone dragon statues painted green and blue. The dragons' massive mouths were wide open, exposing long fangs, as if ready to devour any who dared to enter.

Aydin led them to the door, pushing against the handle to open it. Sabrina entered first, nose filling with the sweet overwhelming fragrance of incense. The space was empty except a shrine built in front of a large statue of a woman whose hands were raised towards the sky. The woman had long wavy hair that covered her bare breasts. Sabrina marveled at the light shining through the stained glass onto the statue.

It hit the woman at a perfect angle, brightening the statue. The walls were painted around them with murals of creatures Sabrina had never seen in person. A dragon with a warrior woman on its back flying over a group of waving children caught her attention before she looked away.

She continued moving forward, noticing the person who was on their knees in front of the small shrine that held various paintings, smaller statues, flowers, and candles. The person stood, a bright sleeveless green dress rustling as it spread across the ground. Short auburn hair rested on the woman's shoulders as her light brown eyes met Sabrina's.

Queen Bellerose watched as Sabrina bowed at the waist, then her eyes flickered to her son.

"I was wondering when you would come to your senses, my boy." Queen Bellerose gave Aydin a small smile, eyes filled with sadness.

"I knew your opinions on the matter when you decided not to attend the feast," Aydin responded, a hand running through his hair as he returned his mother's smile with a quick grin. "Forgive me for not reaching the same conclusion as you sooner."

"It matters not. I knew you would eventually." Queen Bellerose stepped closer, the sound of her heel clicking against the stone floor. "You have a pure heart, dear."

Aydin shifted on his feet, and Sabrina took a deep breath, deciding it was time to step into the conversation.

"Your Majesty, please, if I may interrupt. As I've told your son, Queen Liliana is coming with hundreds of her men and will be prepared to attack as soon as her fleet docks. She will waste no time slaughtering your people before destroying your castle. For the future of the kingdoms, you require all of our services to aid you."

The queen turned away, placing a blue violet near a miniature statue in the shrine. Sabrina noticed the woman's trembling hands. She knew it would be hard for the queen to defy King Chancellor despite her agreement with Sabrina.

It was never easy to disobey someone that you loved and served alongside.

"So, I've been told." Queen Bellerose's voice was light as a feather. She faced them, hands folding in front of her dress as if to stop their shaking. "I have a place where you can hide safely until we require your assistance."