Chapter 2

Parking her Scooty in the parking, Mifra got down and stretched her aching back, glancing around. It took her around 40 minutes to reach Sulaiman Corporation from her home. For a second, she felt like considering her Nani's suggestion. Not of getting married, but taking bus or cab to work.

That thought made her call her Nani to inform her that she safely reached, as she made her way into the building, her eyes scanning the exterior and interior of the huge building, standing proudly in the middle of the entire area, a decent garden and a VIP parking on either side of it.

The receptionist asked her to wait in the waiting area, where she sat with a few people, all of them dressed formal, holding files and looking as nervous as her. Inhaling a breathe, Mifra read some duas to peacefully get through her first day of first ever work.

After a couple of minutes, someone walked in noisily, grabbing everyone's attention. It was a hijabi, wrapping a brown hijab over her peach colour outfit. For some reasons, Mifra felt herself relax a bit, finding a sister in deen around. The girl took a seat at the far end of the L shaped sofa they all sat on. She seemed to be on heavier dosage of nervousness as she rubbed her fingers together, taking heavy breathes. As her eyes met Mifra's, she flashed her a smile, making her return the gesture.

---

"Excuse me, sir?"

A middle aged man and a guy in his mid twenties knocked at Haziq's cabin door, both holding a file.

"Come in" Haziq said, from where he sat on his swivel chair, reading a file.

Pushing the glass door open, entered his employees and upon Haziq signalling, they took a seat in his front.

"Here is a list of labourers who are above fifty, as you requested sir" the middle aged man forwarded Haziq his tablet, keeping the zipped file on table.

"Thank you" he mumbled, as he scanned the names. He did not miss the pointed look the other employe shot him.

"Any issues, Mr Khan?" Haziq asked away, not lifting his gaze.

"No, sir. But I was just wondering what would you do with this list?" He asked, his lips forming a thin line.

Haziq leaned forward, a very polite smile on his face as he looked at Mr khan. "Don't wonder. It's not a part of your job"

Mr Khan, who was maintaing a tight lipped smile, just for a micro second, shot Haziq a glare, who smiled a little more.

"By the way, what are you here for, if you don't mind me asking?"

"Mr Sulaiman has taken a trip to construction site, to personally inspect the ongoing work. Since I needed his signatures immediately, I walked to you" he explained himself, in a formal tone which Haziq hates the most.

"Dad's gone?" Haziq grew excited, flashing a delightful look at the reason given by Mr Khan.

As soon as he realised his excited tone, he clear his throat and composed himself, stretching his hand forward to take the file from him.

Quickly scanning the documents, he signed at the bottom and handed Mr Khan his file, who again gave him a tight lipped smile with his eyes reflecting something opposite, and made his way out of Haziq's cabin.

Mr Atif khan is Haziq's classmate throughout their school life. He also happened to be the son and grandson of one of the most loyal employees of Sulaiman Corporation. His grandfather worked for Haziq's grandfather and his father worked for Haroon Sulaiman. They both were very hardworking and loyal to their bosses, and according Haroon, Atif would be the same to Haziq.