Chapter 3

"Assalamualaikum, Nani" yelled Mifra, getting into her house using keys to unlock main door. Since it was quarter past 6 in the evening when she reached home, she know her grandma would be reciting Qur'an at this hour. So not wanting to disturb her by ringing door bell, she used the keys to unlock door.

Dropping her bag, file and hijab on sofa, she straight away walked to her Nani's room, whom she found her seated on bed, holding an open Qur'an as she looked at Mifra with a smile.

"Walaikumassalam, mera bacha. How was your first day at work?" Mifra placed her head on her lap as she mumbled "Alhamdulillah" to her question.

"What's wrong? Your mood seems off" Questioned her Nani, lightly massaging her temple with her thumb.

"I don't know, Nani. First of all that arrogant son of Mr Haroon Sulaiman tore my appointment letter and dumped it. And then, I was asked to assist a pregnant lady managing accounts department. I was so confused throughout the day" she said, all her excitement from morning died in her voice.

"Accounts department? Why?"

"No idea. I even asked Mrs Rumana, whom I was following like her secretary throughout the day. But she didn't hear me properly and shrugged, as if I'm wasting her time by my words.

"Strange!" Commented Nani, twisting her face unpleasantly.

"The entire day was nothing but waste of time, Nani" groaned Mifra, looking up at her grandmother, shifting her head comfortably in her lap.

"In sha Allah, there will be something behind it, Mifra. Don't think anything happens without a reason. Allah has planned everything to sheer perfection"

"In sha Allah" was all she whispered, closing her eyes tiredly.

"I hope there's praying facilities in your office"

"Alhamdulillah, there's a spacious namaaz hall, with separate sections for men and women"

"Alhamdulillah" running her fingers through Mifra's hair, Aysha asked, "Are you hungry? Wait. I'll fry some kebabs for you"

"Great! You know how to lift my mood, Nani" smiled Mifra, kissing her Grandma's hand, mentally thanking Allah for this beautiful blessing.

---

"You mean to say she's Mrs Rumana's secretary now?" Questioned Aamir as he leaned against his car, folding his hands across his chest. Haziq, who stood in front of him, shrugged. They both standing out of the main gate of Sulaiman mansion.

"Why Mrs Rumana's secretary? Why not yours?" Aamir raised his eyebrows, making a suggestion.

"Nah! I don't need a secretary. Atif is doing that work to keep an eye on me and report it to Dad. Besides, Mrs Rumana is pregnant and she needs help"

"Atif is the main reason you urgently need a secretary. See, uncle Haroon will be gone in a couple of days and I'm sure, just to be in his good books, Atif will try to be around you and report your activities to him. To avoid this, you should appoint yourself a secretary, shutting his excuse of being around you"

Haziq gave his friend's suggestion a thought. "You're right. I do need a secretary to stop Atif. But Ms Mifra is not the one"

"Why? Is she that pretty?" Aamir mischievously wiggled his eyebrows, earning a glare from his friend.

"She's a hijabi and hopefully follows the principles of Islam"

"And she still chose to get the job through recommendation. This is not something appreciated in Islam"