Chapter 25

(I have somewhere mentioned that Mifra knows about Adnan's fraud in Sulaiman corporation. I apologize for that. She have no idea about it. Do lemme know if you have any idea in which chapter I've mentioned that.)

---

"Even a tone of accusation, I'll walk out of your life"

Haziq Sulaiman don't remember the number of times he read that single line, neatly written on a card which came along a number of gifts Mifra's grandmother sent them as an affirmation to his proposal. His smile growing wide every time he reads her words.

"In sha Allah, I'll never repeat my mistake" he thought again, placing the card in one of the drawers.

On the other side, Mifra delightfully worked on designing her soon to be house. She never thought she wished of so many things or details in a place she'd call home after marriage. She was thankful she got to design it herself. She already completed the ground floor plan, paying extreme attention to the tiny of the tiniest details to her Nani's room.

The construction work has been started. Now she's working on the first floor and nearly half way through it. She almost forgot about her fears and insecurities about marriage. It was as if Allah has created her a nice distraction, so she wouldn't stress herself out.

"Mifra Didi, your father is here. And Nani is quite fierce"

Mifra's smile drained as soon as Chanda barged in in urgency.

Leaving whatever she was doing, she rushed downstairs. Anger is not good for her grandmother and she needed to calm her down as quickly as possible.

"You can't get my daughter married to Haroon's son. You can't force her" Adnan's yelling reached Mifra's ears and it made her run faster.

"Just stay out of my granddaughter's life, Adnan." Ayesha warned in fury, her eyes turning red and nose flaring in pure rage.

"Nani, please call down" Mifra almost tripped over the carpet before reaching Ayesha. She rubbed her back, trying to decrease her temper.

"She's my daughter and.."

"Will you please stop yelling?" Mifra hissed at her father's direction, cutting him off and making Ayesha sit down on the sofa.

"Nani, don't go fierce. You're harming yourself" She handed her a glass of water Chanda fetched meanwhile.

Adnan let out a bitter chuckle, making Ayesha's hand halt in taking a sip of water. "So you're using your health condition as a blackmailing tool for my daughter? I should have known it"

Both Mifra and Ayesha eyes snapped his direction, one pair fierce and another in disbelief. This side of her father is new to Mifra, she know this existed but she never witnessed. He was always calm in front of her, never disrespecting Ayesha or speaking back.

It looked like his mask was wearing off.

"Blackmailing might be your kind of thing.." Ayesha spatted, loathing the man in front.

"What did you just say?"Mifra uttered in disbelief, frowning at him.

Adnan's eyes gulped at Mifra's expressions. He never wished his daughter to witness any kind of negative side of him, which would make her hate him more than she already do.

"Mifra, sweetie, you don't need to marry Haziq Sulaiman. I know you agreed just because of your Nani. I'll call Haroon right away and say no.." he hastily pulled her phone out of his pocket and in a second, Mifra snatched it from him.

"You don't need to do anything. Please leave" she requested him.

He completely ignored her words. "I'll find you a perfect guy if you're ready to get married, bacha. You don't need to force yourself into.."