Chapter 12

Six days. Six days since Mifra Sadiq joined back office and Haziq did not face her. Yes, he did apologize but not directly. He feared causing another blunder if he faced her.

The very next day when she joined the office, she spotted a cute purple paper bag on her table. Opening it, she found a flat box. She looked around before opening it.

There was a white silk scarf inside, with a card. She unfold the card, which read,

It was a misunderstanding. I'm extremely sorry.

Haziq Sulaiman.

She shut the card as soon as she read. Dia, Amna and Mrs Gupta already think Haziq is interested in her. If they get to know about his apology gift, they'll surely make a big deal out of it. Hence, Mifra quickly closed the box and shoved it back into the bag, along the card.

She stopped and thought for a second. However he treated her, was because of a misunderstanding. It wasn't justified and he was at fault. Nonetheless, her heart still felt like accepting his apology.

Allah loves the one who forgives. She smiled.

Hence, placing the card in her drawer, she stopped a peon and asked him to leave that bag in Haziq's cabin.

Haziq, who was slightly taken aback by her returning his gift, decided not to force her into accepting it. He tried making up for his stupidity but seemed like she did not appreciate his way.

Every day he planned on apologising to her face to face but end up delaying for another day. He made sure not to cross her path. But today, he knows he would face her anyhow and that's what happened.

The seminar hall of Sulaiman corporation was filled with their employees as Haroon Sulaiman started their annual function with a thank you speech, thanking every single one associated with the company for being a part in bringing it to the position it proudly stands today.

A tiny take away bag was given to every employee, in which their respective names were printed. Though Mifra was tempted to check what's inside, she chose to stay patient. But Dia being the impatient one checked it and informed her in a whisper, "It's a pen, I guess. The box looks pretty expensive. And there's a chocolate box along."

"Let's taste these chocolates" Amna was all set to open the chocolate box and savour the delicacy, when someone walked past them, unintentionally pushing Amna. She dropped the chocolate box and little of the juice from Dia's glass spilled over Amna's dress.

"Careful" Mifra held her elbow, helping her stand straight. Three of them looked ahead, at the girl who walked without stopping to apologize. She was tall, clad in an ankle-length off-shoulder gown. Her back was facing them.

"Who's she? Never noticed her before." Mumbled Amna, before bending to pick up her box of chocolate.

Mifra was about to avert her eyes when that girl stood beside Haziq, who was talking to someone. What made her frown was the way she wrapped her hand around his arm and he smiled at her, keeping the conversation on.

When Amna followed Mifra's eyes, she gasped aloud. "Who's she?"

Mifra shrugged in response, averting her eyes and talking to their colleagues. Haziq Sulaiman might have been a stupid guy in her eyes but she thought he's religious, he fears Allah. But now, she doesn't know what to think about him.

"I've seen her somewhere," said Dia, looking at the same girl's face, who now stood in a way her face was directed towards them.

"Where?" Amna urged, her eyes on Mifra every now and then.