Chapter 8

Out of Place

"For the last time Sayori! Wait for the others before you eat!"

A pink-haired girl exclaims in annoyance as she lightly pushed Sayori away from the cookies that she baked.

"But Natsukiii.. I'm hungryyy.."

Sayori whines as she tried to grab on the tray.

"Well hello hungry, I'm Natsuki."

Sayori just deadpan looked at Natsuki, her stomach grumbled in response.

"Woah hold on what's happening here in my literature club?"

Monika jokingly says as she took her usual seat, completely ignoring the other two as she did some paperwork for the club's festival presentation.

Soon two other people joined in Sayori and Natsuki's some-what conversation.
MC boredly ate cookies while Yuri sipped her newly brewed tea while reading a book.

Sayori on the other hand was really enjoying the cookies, crumbs were going everywhere as she munched from one cookie to another.

MC was glancing on Yuri every once in awhile, he seemed interested, and Sayori noticed it.

She was happy that her childhood friend was making more friends, but.. she was also unhappy at the same time.

These past days Sayori was having mixed feelings, as if she wasn't in control of her own emotions.

But she shrugged it off.

It seemed normal.

And it was good.

Monika hurriedly typed on her laptop for some odd reason, her fingers getting way too fast with all the typing she did. She must be in a hurry huh.

As the club president typed in her computer, the rest of the members were asking MC random stuff about himself or what he likes, except for Sayori who seemed left out.

She kept a tight smile on her lips as she just listened to her friends ramble about things they wanted to know about the brown-haired boy.

It was normal, but empty for Sayori.

She knew MC needed friends other than herself, but, she can't help but to feel jealous that he might be spending more time with them than with her.

That's surprisingly pathetic for you to do. He might have never even cared for your existance in the first place.

She shook her head lightly as she placed her head on a desk, trying to get rest from the voices and thoughts running inside her head.

"Sayori you okay?"

The coral-pink haired girl immediately sat up straight as she heard the club president's voice.

"Y-yes of course. Why wouldn't I be okay?"

Sayori says in a joking manner as she sweatdropped. She seemed so out of place, like she didn't belong here.

"Oh.. that's great. I wouldn't want any of my members to feel out of place in here."

Monika said, gesturing to Sayori's state earlier, she smiled.

"Just talk to me if you need to, I'm here to listen"

Sayori just nodded and gave Monika a weak smile in response. She took out a small notebook and just doodled random stuff, as a distraction.

A certain jade-eyed girl barged in the literature club as if she was in a hurry. She seemed paranoid for some reason, but just tried to act normally.