[ 18 ]

[200607] A/N --- Why is TWICE Event in the SuperStar JYPNATION so hard?

Last update today.
Finally, we got Chaeyoung POV.

CHAEYOUNG

When Mina stood up and went to the restroom, I stayed. I know it's the right thing. I need to know the truth. I need to know myself. When Dahyun said I have a wife, I felt a pang ache in my heart. Not because, of the wife she said I have but because of Mina. I know she's hurt. I am too seeing the sadness in her eyes when we both heard it.

"I have a wife?" I asked.

"Yes... But-" she stops her words and look at me.

"But?"

"She's dead." I know it's bad but I felt relieve when I heard her say it. I'm relieve that I'm unknowingly cheating to my ex-wife and to my girlfriend.

"What's her name?" I asked.

"Ayano Sakura. She died a year ago. You came here for that exact reason. It was because you want to visit your wife's grave." she said.

"So that's the reason. I visited her grave and then the accident happened. Same us Mina. She visited her ex-fiance too."

"I don't think that is the only reason." she said.

"What do you mean?" I look at her confused.

"I recognize her."

"Who?"

"The woman you are with."

"Mina?"

"Yes." she nods.

"How?" I asked.

"She is the woman who came for the guy whom you and your wife had a car accident a year ago too. The accident where you lost your wife and the guy died." she said as I realize what she meant by it.

I had an accident with Mina's ex-fiance a year ago with my ex-wife. Where she lost her ex-fiance and I lost my wife. Why does it something about it sounded so wrong. Two incident happened on the same day but on a different year.

I was having an internal battle to myself. Thinking all possibilities.

"You're following her." she said and I instantly look at her. Shocked.

"Don't tell me."

Don't tell me I cause the incident.

Did I hit intently on Mina's car?

Was I taking my revenge because I lost my wife?

Please don't. I'm not a monster. I don't want to be.

"I don't know the answer to that Chaeyoung. You're the only one who can. What I know is you came here a week before your wife's death anniversary and you're suppose to be here for three weeks which marked last Monday. I tried to contact you if you want me to pick you up at the airport but the line was dead. I immediately ask for the police assistance but they said I needed to wait for 2 days before I can report you as missing. I was ready to punch their faces if I don't have any news from you after two days but gladly I did receive a news the next day. I booked my flight here and came. I was worried when they say you have amnesia. But don't worry I'll help you recover." she sincerely said.

"Thank you for coming here for me but how did you know that I was following Mina and how sure are you that I was?" I asked.

She take a deep breath.

"You asked me to stop by at your house that day to get some papers and send it to the company where you work. I get the papers but I saw her picture. Mina's picture inside the drawer of your office table where I got the papers. I immediately call you that time to question you about it since I recognize her. But, when you answer my call, you said 'I'm following her, I will explain to you when I return.' and you ended the call. That day is your wife death anniversary." she answered.

My interlace hand on the of the table tremble. "Do you think I cause it? Do you think I tried to kill Mina?" I worriedly asked her. I'm not sure who am I already. 

She put her hand on top of my trembling hands. "Bro, I don't know how and why you're following her but I know you. You won't do that kind of thing. You're a kind of person who sees bright things at everything even in dark place. You're a brave person who became my sister when we were in the orphanage. We don't have family but we have each other. There a lot of people who loves you too back in Korea. You are a very friendly person that everyone around you gets very attached on you." she said those words and I believe that she is a really close friend of mine though I don't remember her and my past.

I want to believe on myself too that I didn't intend to harm Mina but what other reason could it be on why I followed her.

"I want to remember." I said.

"Then let's go back in our homeland." she said.

"In Korea?" I asked as she nods.

"Give me a bit time until tomorrow night." I said.

"Sure. I have someone to meet tomorrow too but I'll process our flight ticket. Meet me at 5 PM tomorrow here." she said.

I nod.

Here goes the ride back to my memory lane.

I hope bringing back my memories won't destroy the future that Mina and I hope to have. I want her to come with me but I can't knowing there is a possibility I cause the incident we had.