[ 19 ]

MINA

I'm still crying my hearts out here alone in my bed where I used to shared with her. I miss her already. It's already pass 7 and my mom ask me to have dinner but I don't have appetite.

"Sweety, please eat even a little. Chaeyoung is not here yet. Did something happen?" she asked from the outside of my door.

"I don't want to eat. Just leave me alone, please." I raised my voice so she can hear from the other side of the door.

"Okay sweety. We're here if you need to talk." my mom defeatedly said before I heard her footsteps walking away.

Why is Chaeyoung not back yet? Did she go with that woman? Did she meet her wife?

Is she not coming back anymore?

I sobs and buried my face to my pillow.

Chaeyoung, please go home.

I fell asleep crying......I woke up hearing a knock from my door making me open my eyes lightly but I remain lying.

"Minari?" I heard the voice I miss the most. She is back. I want to run to her and hug her but I can't seem to do it. She's not mine. She has a wife. I remind myself.

"Mom said you haven't eaten yet." she said but I stayed silent.

"Can we talk, please? I know you're awake. Let's talk." she said but still a return it with silence.

"Okay. I'll just leave this tray of food in front of your door. Please. Please eat. I love you, Mina." she said and left.

I love you too.

I wanted to reply.

After a while, I stood up and open my door seeing the tray of food Chaeyoung left. I pick it up and place it on top of my table. I tried eating atleast half of it before returning the tray outside my door.

I didn't feel the food I take at all.

....

SATURDAY MORNING

I woke up and walk out of my room. The tray was gone already. My mom might have get it already. When I descended downstairs, I saw my mom and dad are already having breakfast. I look around but there is no Chaeyoung.

"She left to visit her friend in the hospital." my mom said seeing me looking for her.

Right, we are suppose to visit Nari today. I'll just visit her in the afternoon to make sure Chaeyoung is gone there already. I'm not ready to face or talk to her yet.

I nod to mom and sat down silently and eat. I can't even seem to taste the food at all. I inhaled deeply.

After eating breakfast, I stayed at my room again. The whole day I just lay and do nothing. I don't know what to do.

___

When the time strikes 3 in the afternoon, I prepared myself so I can visit the hospital.

I finish preparing after an hour and bid goodbye to my parents before going to the hospital.

When I arrived, I saw Jeongyeon and Nayeon with Nari. Chaeyoung sure did left already.

"Mina-unnie" Nari called me when she saw me near the door. I smile at her as she stood up from sitting in her bed and gave me a hug in my waist.

"I thought you won't come since you didn't came with Chaengnie." she said pouting.

"Of course, I'll came. We're friends right." I said smiling at her though it didn't reach my eyes since I'm feeling down today.

She nods and pull me to sat on the chair beside her bed.

"Hi, Mina. Chaeyoung just left half an hour ago." Nayeon said.

I just nod and focus my attention to Nari.

"We'll buy food outside for dinner. Can you look out of Nari for a while?" Nayeon asked.

I nod and they left.

I'm now alone with Nari. I look around the room seeing the 3 stuffed toys Chaeyoung gave to them. Nari saw me looking at it so she said "Chaengnie gave us those. The cat is mine. Isn't it looks cute?" she said. I just nod.

"Why are you sad unnie?" She questioned as she held my face with both of her cute little hands.

I shake my head. "Nothing."

"Did you and Chaengnie fight? She seems sad too when she was here earlier."

I just gave her a sad smile.

"Don't worry unnie. You and Chaengnie will amend and everything will be alright again. My unnie and Nayeon unnie always fight but they will amend by the end the day. I'm sure you will too." she said.

"I hope too Nari-chan." Hope. I really hope so.

"Oh. I almost forgot." she said as she goes to a small cabinet and get something in one of the drawer. She walks back to me. "Here" she handed me a red envelope and a small transparent square box. I saw a necklace inside with really small heart. "Chaengnie asked me to give you that if ever you visit here." she added.

"Thank you." I thanked her.

Seeing this gift from Chaeyoung made me more to miss her. I wanted to see Chaeyoung. We need to talk.

The door suddenly opens with Nayeon and Jeongyeon bringing a plastic bag of food.

"I need to go." I immediately told them.

They nod.

"I'll go now Nari. I'll visit again. I promise." I said as she smile and hug me.

I stride out until I reach the parking lot and get inside my car as fast as I can. Chaeyoung and I need to talk. Whatever will the result be, we need to solve this together.

.....

I open the door of our house seeing my parents sitting in the couch in the living room.

"You're back, honey" my dad said.

"Where's Chaeyoung?" I asked immediately as I look around but nothing.

"She's gone." my mom said.

"Where did she go? We need to talk."

"She went back to Korea." my mom answered sadly.

Oh know. I'm late.