[ 20 ]

3 DAYS LATER

MINA

She's gone.

She left me.

I'm alone.

I breakdown crying as soon as my mom said that Chaeyoung went back to Korea. I locked myself in my room until today. They tried to talk to me but I just can't I'm not ready. It will just make the sound of my breaking heart louder.

Did her memories returned?

Is she with her wife now?

Did she love her wife more than me?

Is she still going back?

I'm hoping. I really hope but it's been 3 days. And, I'm losing it.

I'm wearing the necklace she left for me. The only thing I'm trying to hold on that this necklace meant something.

I haven't read the letter inside the red envelope yet. I just can't. I'm not ready to know her last words for me which I'm hoping it's not.

I want to read it but then what if she mention her wife in it. I will literally ripped the letter in pieces the second I saw that word.

Just thinking about her being with that woman is already breaking me. What if I saw that she really call her with that thing?

I should have talked to her the night she asked me to before she left. But can you blame me? I was hurt. I'm hurt. I'm still hurting.

I don't want to read the letter and found out it was a goodbye letter because she choose the other woman.

I want to see her. I really do.

I suddenly heard a knock from the door interrupting me deep in my thoughts. "Sweety, you're friends are here to visit." my mom said.

"Mom, I-" I wanted to say that I want them to leave but my mom interrupted me.

"Hon, please meet them. Just for a minute." my mom pleaded.

I take a deep breath. I know my mom is just worried for me. They all are.

I stand up and go to the door and open it. My mom gave me a light smile. "They are in the living room. You're dad and I are going out for a while so you can have alone time with them." she said and I nod.

My dad and mom left as I arrived in the living room and saw my three friends. I sat beside Jihyo.

I look at them seeing them looking at each other alternatively. We were silent.

"You're going to be okay." Jihyo said as she caress my back.

"Let's not talk about it." I said wanting to change the subject. They nod in understanding.

"Okay. Then let's talk about me. I met this tall beautiful girl last week. She was snappy but she's really beautiful." Sana squealed as she think about the girl.

"Oh Oh. Did you get her name or number?" Momo asked.

"I got her name but not her number. BUT, I know she goes to the dog cafe every Monday since I asked one of the employee there where I met her. Her name is Tzuyu." she said excitedly.

Tzuyu. She's Chaeyoung's new friend.

"You're definitely go there every Monday." Jihyo commented.

"Of course, I will definitely get the girl." she proudly said.

Better. It will eliminate two snakes.

"Of course, you will. You're a snake. Anyway, I want to talk to you girls about my baby. Well, not yet. But I like her and I think she likes me too." Momo said happily.

Why are they talking about love life when it exactly my problem?

"How did you meet her? I haven't heard anything about her from you." Sana asked.

"We met not literally but through SNS. We follow each other then after sometime we started privately DM-ed each other talking just anything and she's really funny. We got along a lot. And, for the first time we saw each other last Saturday before she went back to Korea. It was sad she was just here for 2 days but still I'm glad I personally see her and had a date." she said with a wide smile.

"So, she came here from Korea just to see you and have a date. Wow." Sana was amazed.

"Not really. She came here to see her friend. Her friend was in an accident and she needed her. They don't really have any relatives since both of them came from an orphanage so they do treat each other as family. Though I heard her friend had a wife but she died like a year ago. Anyway, she and her friend return back to Korea last Saturday, sadly." she said.

Wait. That sounded familiar. Could it be?

"What's the name of your girl?" I butted in.

They all look at me shocked to finally joining in the their conversation.

"What's her name?" I said firmly.

"I wasn't able to ask her friend's name but my girl's name is Dahyun." she answered.

"Dahyun?" I asked.

"Yes" she nods.

"So, you're saying Dahyun's friend had a wife who died already a year ago?" I questioned.

"Well, yes. I just said that earlier."she said in 'duh' tone.

"And Dahyun's friend is Chaeyoung." I said.

"Chaeyoung?" they asked.

"Yeah. I met Dahyun last Friday. She said Chaeyoung has wife but not that she's dead. I didn't really ask after knowing she has a wife. If Chaeyoung's wife or ex-wife is dead then she's single. I mean she's not because I'm her girlfriend. But the main point is, our relationship is legal." I sudden happiness came to me.

"You thought Chaeyoung has a wife that's why you're sulking?" Sana asked.

"I'm not sulking. I was hurt. Okay?!"

"So, Chaeyoung and you are girlfriends?" Jihyo asked.

"OH" I realized that I just revealed it to them.

"Yes, we are. But, why didn't she explained and just left me?" I asked worriedly.

"Mina, I'm sure she has answers for those. Just believe in her. I'm sure when the right time she will explain everything." Jihyo said.

I nod. She's right. It's my fault too since I didn't let Chaeyoung explained to me. I hope she come back already.

I miss her. I miss her so much.

___

After a while, they decided to leave since it's already getting dark outside.

"We're going to visit again next time. Call us if you need anything." Jihyo said. We are bidding goodbyes at the door.

"Bye Mina-chan." Sana said.

"Bye bye" Momo said.

I close the door as soon as they left. My parents haven't return yet. I decided to sat stay in the living room as I thought about what I learned today. About Chaeyoung and her ex-wife.

A sudden knocks came from the door.

Did they forgot something? My parents have keys so it's not them. I wondered.

I stood up and approach the front door.

"Did you forgot something Jihyo?" I asked as soon as I open the door. Not seeing the person in front of me yet.

It's not them. The person standing in front of me is the person I was not expecting but wanting to see.

She's here.

She came back.

"Chaeyoung"