Chapter 1

The weather was cloudy today. The surroundings were filled with the faint, sweet scent of the rain that had just tailed off into dizzle. Birds chirping, leaves rustling, the sun playing hide and seek with the clouds.

A perfect morning.

That was the first thing she noticed as soon as she stepped out of her house and made her way towards the school. The weather in a way resembled her though, delicate and beautiful.

Misa Ackerman, was a 16 year old high school student, raised by her dad. Her long, straight jet black hairs swayed with the air, her bangs fluttering and as usual, a smile played on her lips as she walked.

The streets were busy. Everyone were making their way towards their workplaces. Misa plugged in her earphones and scrolled through her Instagram feed while walking towards the school.

She turned off her phone after a while because the only thing she could find on her feed were posts that said;

'Most awaited release of the year',

'HOT DEBUT',

'STARLIGHT'S SECRET WEAPON',

'MZ'.

As she took a turn, crowd of people gathered at a big screen caught her eyes. Being the curious person she was, Misa walked towards it. A countdown was displayed on the big screen 'Most anticipated release of the year.'

She sighed and turned around to walk towards the school.

As she reached the gates, a smile made its way on her lips as she saw her pacing back and forth.

Stella Wood, a 17 year old high school student and Misa's one and only best friend was the craziest person Misa had ever known. She was an important part of Misa's life.

Stella's straight ginger hairs were tied back in a ponytail. She was wearing a plain white, short sleeved shirt with a beige skirt and a pair of white heels.

She grinned as soon as her teakwood coloured eyes met Misa's blue ones. She started running towards Misa.

"M-misa,'' she tried to talk but ran out of beath.

"Breathe, girl," Misa muttered and rubbed her back.

When Stella finally caught her breath, she looked at Misa, "WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG?! I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR YOU FOR AGES!" she started yelling at Misa.

"Drama queen," Misa muttered under her breath.

"What did you say?"

"Huh? Umm... nothing, I was just saying you to stop screaming." Misa gave her a cheeky grin.

She looked at Misa with an unimpressed look but decided to give up anyway.

"Anyway do you know what it is today?" she asked enthusiastically.

Wow, what a mood swing, Misa thought.

"Please tell me you are not talking about that debut..." Misa trailed off.

"Wait you already know?! Oh my god, I never knew you were interested in these kind of stuff! I'm really proud!"

Misa raised her eyebrows and made a disgusted face, "Now you gotta be kidding me. It's not that I'm interested, It's just that it's the only thing I could see on internet since the morning. It's getting on my nerves."