Chapter 3

"That's it for today!" The trainer announced. Hearing that, Stella sighed in relief and dropped on the the ground, exhausted.

Slowly everyone started leaving, while she was just laying there, staring at the ceiling.

"Hey, take this." Someone threw a bottle filled with water towards Stella. She caught it while still laying down and moved her head towards the side to see and thank the person.

"Thanks Merve." Stella smiled. Merve nodded, returning her smile and walked out.

Stella turned her face towards the ceiling once again. She was in the gym.

She let out a sad chuckle thinking how things changed so much just within two years.

That's right, it's been two years since Misa left. Stella had lost hopes of meeting her. She just hoped that Misa was safe and happy, wherever she was. Stella missed her.

It's also been two years since Stella met the shadow cat,

2 years ago:

"Welcome to the black roses." Shadow cat looked at Stella for a minute then continued, "You don't expect me to say that, do you?" she asked with a poker face.

"Huh? What do you mean...?" Stella asked, confused.

"Well you see, this is not some child's play we're talking about. You can't just be like, hey I wanna play this killing game too, cuz it looks cool and expect me to be like, sure it'll be fun if the two of us play it together. This is not how it works. You gotta prove yourself first," Shadow cat enunciated.

"W-well what do I have to do in order to prove myself...?" Stella nervously tucked a strand of her ginger hairs behind her ear.

"I don't know." Shadow cat shrugged, "That's not really my job. I never bring newbies. Now that you ask, I wonder what they really do to test the newbies..." she trailed off while thinking hard.

"Umm... Then what should I do?" Stella asked looking at her, not sure what to do.

"Hmm...Just follow me for now. Let's talk about it at h– ahmmmn" Shadow cat yawned before continuing, "–headquarters. Damn, I haven't slept in a while," she said while yawning once again.

This got Stella into thinking that maybe shadow cat really was a busy person. Stella felt kind of bad for her, this made her think if she really was  capable of this job or maybe she should just forget it and continue living her normal life, but then again, she wanted to be strong too...

"How long it has been since you last slept?" Stella asked with concern, she felt like she was being a burden.

"Hmm...let's see," Shadow cat said, sounding really sleepy, "Two hours I guess."

Stella stopped in her tracks and looked at the girl who was now a step ahead in disbelief, but decided to keep her mouth shut.

Shadow cat turned around and looked at Stella, "Is there something wrong? Why did you suddenly stop?" she asked, sounding a little confused.

"Well, I was just shocked to hear that it's been so long since you last slept." Stella said, trying her best to smile.

"I know right! Nobody gets it. I'm glad you understand me." Her lips turned into a smile and she started walking again.

She then dialed someone's number on the phone. After a few rings, the person finally answered,

"Hey trash." Shadow cat greeted the person, "Come here at once."