Chapter 18

Misa POV

"He is not coming back Misa... Jay... He is dead."

Tears started falling down my eyes and I fell on my knees.

"No... No... This can't be..." I broke down into sobs. "If only I had stopped him.... "

"There was nothing you could have done... " Jake got up from his seat and  walked towards my crying figure. He kneeled down in front of me and placed a comforting hand on my shoulder making me face him.

"I know it hurts but crying isn't gonna change a thing. There is nothing we can do to change the past now... There is no use in crying over what we could have done... He is gone and that's not going to change... The only thing we can change now, is what happens next.."

"W-What do you mean.... " I tried to hold in my tears...

"Jay... He didn't deserved to die like this and no matter what, I'm gonna avenge him.. " there was nothing beside the thirst for revenge in his eyes... " I'll avenge him, even if it costs my life..."

"I'll find it even if costs  my life."

Jay's voice rang in my head and my eyes widened.

"No.... Jake please don't do it.. He said the same thing and now he is gone, I don't want to lose you too...." I kept shaking my head.

I was a a crying mess at this point.

"I know how you feel.... But I don't want his death to be meaningless, I can't let his efforts go to waste. He was like a brother to me, I'll not spare the people who killed him and I'll find the reason why he had to die...."

"B-But it could be SPARK we are t-talking about. There is no way you can fight all of them on your own!!"  I protested.

He slowly wiped my tears and embraced my sobbing figure.

"That's why, I need your help."

"What..."

"Help me Misa. Together, we can do it. We might not be able to kill the main enemy but we can at least find the reason why Jay died and use it against them..." His voice was full of determination.

There was no way I could change his mind now....

Besides, Jake was right.... This was the least we could do for Jay...

"But, what if they catch us....?" I pulled away and looked at him, worried.

"Don't worry, I won't put you in danger...." He smiled warmly, "We can't let anyone know about this.... Not even a single soul... Pretend as if you don't know any of it....All you will do is provide information to me without anyone's knowledge, work behind the scenes.. And I'll be in the lead, destroying them.."

"But.... You can't be an Agent anymore if you do this...."

He sadly chuckled, "What's the point of staying anyway.... If it really is SPARK who killed Jay, I don't even want to work for them.... "

"I've worked with Czaritsa for about two years now, but I never felt anything like this...."

"Maybe even she is unaware of all this.... We still don't know who the enemy is.... We have to be careful and we can't waste any more time..." He got up and extended his hand towards me.

I held his hand and got up as well, "So  what exactly are we going to do now..?"

"For starter, we'll have to find the people who killed Jay and using them, we can find on whose order they did it."