Diagon Alley

It had been a full week since I had found out I was adopted, and a witch. I was laying in my bed staring at the ceiling, I glanced at my clock and decided to get up for the day. I swung my blanket off and hoped out of my cozy bed. I got into the shower and pulled on a pair jeans and my favorite t-shirt, it was a blue and green tie dye with a black infinity sign in the middle. I slipped on a pair of tennis shoes before walking downstairs for breakfast.

"Good morning Hermione. There's bacon and toast on the table." Jean called from the kitchen, I assumed she was getting coffee. 

"Morning, and thanks." I said as I grabbed a piece of bacon. Henry was sipping some coffee while reading the newspaper. 

Tap tap. My head snapped up and I saw the same snow white owl with gold feathers sitting on the window sill. Finally! I thought as I practically ran to the window. I threw it open and watched in awe as the bird gracefully flew in and sat on the back og the chair I was just sitting in.

I took the letter as the owl grabbed a piece of bacon and flew away out the window.

"What's it say?" Henry asked as he watched the owl fly away.

"It just says what book's I'll need for my classes, and other stuff I'll need for school. It also says when, where, and how to get onto the train that will take me to Hogwarts. Oh, and it says that one of my Professors is going to come and take me to get my supplies." I told them as I read the letter.

About an hour later the Granger's heard a loud crack, then a knock on the door.

"Who could that be?" Jean asked what everyone was wondering.

"I'm not sure. I'll get it." I said as I put my book down and walked to the door. I opened it to find  older lady with light brown hair. She was dressed in forest green robes, her hair was in a neat, tight bun.

"Hello, how can I help you?" I asked.

"Hello dear, I am Professor McGonagall, I will be you Transfiguration teacher at Hogwarts." The women said.

"Oh, hello Professor, please come in." I said as I opened the door wider and welcomed her in.

"Hello, I'm Hermione's adoptive mother, Jean. And this is Henry." Jean said as she stood up and shook my professor's hand. Henry soon followed.

"Hello dear. I'm glad you two are taking it so well. That fact that your daughters a witch I mean. I'm here to take Hermione to get her school supplies." Professor McGonagall said getting to the point quickly.

"Of course, how much money will she need?" Henry said getting out his wallet.

"Oh, well, in muggle money, I would say about $100? I'll make sure she gets everything she needs. Is it okay if she gets a pet?"

"Oh of course! How long will you be away? Just so we know when to start dinner." Jean said.

"Oh I will get her something to eat while we are there, it will be a while." McGonagall said smiling.

"Okay, here. Have fun dear." Henry said as he handed me the money.

"Thanks. See you guys later." I waved and smiled before walking out the door with the witch who was now my teacher.

"So, how exactly do we get my stuff?" I asked as we walked to downtown london.

"Well, first we must get to the Leaky Cauldron. Then I'll show you from there." She said. We turned down a street and I saw the Leaky Cauldron, it was an old run down building, the sign barely hanging on. I was a little scared to go in at first because it didn't seem like the kind of place where an eleven year old girl should go into. But I got over the fear and followed McGonagall into the building.