Year 2~Swimming

Pansy walked out with a white, one piece bathing suit with black polka dots one it. She had her bag slung over her shoulder and her hair tucked back behind her ears.

"I love your suit Pans." I said as we walked out of the tent.

"Thanks, I really like your suit too." She smiled, I thanked her as I looked down at the suit I was wearing. It was a lite pink one piece with black paint splotches on it. I had my hair pulled back into a low ponytail.

"Okay, your turn boys!" I called out to them as Pansy and I walked out of the tent. The boys walked over from their spot at the car and walked into the tent. How they were all going to change was beyond me.

"Do you both have your walkie talkies?" Henry asked as we stood next to him, waiting for the guys.

"Yep." I held up mine as Pansy did the same on my right. "What are you going to make for dinner?" I asked, as I put the walkie talkie into my bag.

"I'm going to cook some hot dogs and burgers while you are at the lake." He said, I nodded and watched as the boys walk towards us. Draco had green swim trunks on that had silver trim. Blaise had on a pair of swim trunks that were a light blue and that had pink flamingos on them. Theo had on a pair of swim trunks that were a light green on top and a grey on the bottom. Crabbe and Goyle had on black and white swim trunks.

"Nice swim trunks Blaise. You guys ready to go?" I asked.

"Yep, lets go!" Theo said excitedly. I shook my head, a small smile on my face, before waving to Henry and walking towards the woods. I soon found the dirt trail that lead to the beach. I moved a branch out of my way and let is swing back into place.

"Ow! Hey, what was that for Mione?" I turned around to see Draco pulling leaves out of his hair. 

"Oh, sorry, my bad Draco." I said as I waited for him to catch up to me. The other laughed as I helped him pull leaves out of his platinum blonde hair.

"Not funny Blaise." Draco grumbled as he threw the leaves at him.

"It kinda is mate." Blaise laughed again. I rolled my eyes before motioning for them to keep walking. 

"How much longer until were at the beach?" Pansy whined.

"Were almost there Pans. Just a little father on the trail." I called back to her as I kept walking. Soon enough, I could feel the cold sand under my feet and I could see the shoreline ahead.

"Woah." I heard someone mutter from behind me.

"I know right." I said without turning my head. I looked up and down the beach, empty like usual. No one knew about this spot, it was mine and Henry's little secret spot.

The sun was shining brightly down onto the small lake. The lake itself was still as glass. The large oak, pine, and maple trees framing the lake, the white sand only in some spots around the lake. It looked stunning.

"So, who's ready to go swimming?" I grinned and turned around to face my friends.

"ME!" Goyle and Crabbe yelled at the same time. They dropped their bags and ran to the lake. 

"How much you wanna bet one of those two buffoons falls on their face before they reach knees deep?" Theo asked as we all watched Crabbe and Goyle dragging their legs through the water.

"Two gallons. I say when they get to their waists." Blaise said, shaking Theo's hand.

"You two are really betting on when your friends fall or not?" Pansy asked, rolling her eyes.

"What else would we be doing?" Blaise asked.

"Oh I don't know, maybe actually going into the lake to swim. What we came here for!" I looked over to Draco. "Back me up here Malfoy."

"Huh? Oh, yeah. Let's go get into the water." He said, pushing Blaise and Theo towards the water. I rolled my eyes with Pansy as we walked behind the boys. I watched as the three of them soon started running into the water to where Crabbe and Goyle where splashing each other.

After almost an hour of splashing around and swimming before I decided to go and lay down on my towel. I walked up to shore and grabbed my towel out of my bag and laid it down onto the sand. I sat down on the towel and smiled as I watched Theo pull Draco under the water, Blaise picked up Pansy and threw her into the water. Crabbe and Goyle were doing their own thing a couple feet away.

I grinned, I've never had anything like this before. They only time I've ever had this much fun at a beach is once a year at the family reunions. I've never really had friends before because of me academics. The other kids in school, before Hogwarts, always made fun of me because I liked to read instead of playing dolls. 

"Hey Hermione." I looked up and saw Draco standing before me.

"Hey Draco." I smiled, patting a spot on the towel next to me. "Wanna join me?"

"Sure." He smiled, sitting down. His hair no longer slicked back, but now hanging loosely on his head, still dripping water.

"Nice hair Malfoy." I smirked.

"Oh I know right? Think I might just keep it like this for a while."

"Even when we go back to Hogwarts?"

"Oh no way, I meant while we were camping." He scoffed. I rolled my eyes but stayed silent.

"You know, I think 'Mione's looking a little too dry, don't you think Theo?" I heard Blaise as he and Theo walked over to Draco and I on the beach.

"Oh no, don't even think about it you two." I warned, standing up and backing away from the two boys.

"Oh but we already thought of it. Now it's just up to whether or not we'll actually do it." Theo said, nodding his head slightly.

"Don't y-" I stopped mid sentence as the two of them started running towards me. I turned around to run only making it two feet before a certain blonde blocked my path.

"Draco! Blaise! Theo! Put me down!" I screeched as the three picked me up, Theo holding my feet so I couldn't kick and Draco and Blaise holding up my torso and arms.

"Not a chance 'Mione." Blaise grinned as the three carried me to the shoreline.

"Pansy! Help me!" I screamed at the girl who was laughing in the water.

"Oh not a chance Hermione. I gotta see how this turns out." She laughed, splashing some water my way.

"Crabbe? Goyle? Will you two help me?" I asked hopeful as I saw the two boys walk towards me.

"I suppose." Crabbe shrugged as the two walked a little faster towards me.

"You do know their not going to make it in time, right?" Draco asks, by know the boys are knee deep in the water, the waves splashing up on my butt.

"It was worth a shot I suppose. Now put me down!"

"Whatever you say 'Mione." Blaise smirked, he looked to Theo and Draco before counting down from three.

"3."

"2."

"1!" The boys used all their strength and threw me farther out into the water. I screamed as my body slipped into the cold water. Seconds after I was submerged in the water, I popped up quickly, spitting water out of my mouth, my hair soaking and dripping, hanging in my face. As I used my hand to push the hair out of my eyes, I glared at the three boys.

"You three. Are. Dead." I growled, emphasizing 'dead'. The three boys paled before turning around and sloshing around in the water, trying to get back to the shore quickly. I laughed before chasing after them. Crabbe and Goyle soon joined my as we chased after Theo, Blaise, Draco, and Pansy.

"Okay! Okay, truce?" Pansy huffed as she put her hands on her knees, trying to catch her breath.

"Hmm, I suppose we could call a truce for now..." I trailed off, smirking.